Would you still come here if . . . .

Nervous_Dog

khunsanuk said:

While I can definitely symphatize with your sentiments about the nightlife getting boring, I do not think this is a fair comparison. The Philipines was a 2 week vacation, here you spend a few years visiting the same bars, with the same people meeting the same girls. Obviously that would get more boring that a 2 week holiday in which you met a lot of new girls in new bars.

PS Are you working yet? If not, wanna do lunch one of these days? (I'm a bit too far away from you, plus our lunch hours are not really compatible, they don't even overlap :) )

You make a good point on the familiarity issue, but really, this trip it was more about attitude I think. Don't get me wrong, Thai BGs can have a very fun attitude too, but sometimes the "M" word (mercenary) is overriding. Maybe it was just me, or this trip, but the fun in AC was greater with not as much of an emphasis on money.

Again, IMO Angeles City is good for bar-hopping and that is about it. I don't think I could live there, but if you go there just for the bars, the girls and the fun, it can be a good place.

I am starting work next week after the Thai holiday. However, already they have me going for two weeks to Taipei and a day doesn't pass that I get something asking me if I am 'available' for Baghdad. :(

Would be nice to see you and catch up as I don't think I've seen you for about a year.

My best, as always, to the lovely Ms. :)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it was just me, or this trip, but the fun in AC was greater with not as much of an emphasis on money

---------------------------------------

maybe an answer would be better in reg sanook, but can you give us an idea of the "proceedings" there, in regards with the money and why it had less emphasis?

Maybe if you were a fixture there, as you were in BKK, you'd come to the conclusion that the money thing is as sticking to the scene and its psychology as in BKK, albeit with some differences, due to a different destination.

This mercenary thing is a very good topic, BTW. Worth a thread in NL.

Hi,

"Would be nice to see you and catch up as I don't think I've seen you for about a year."

Yes, it has been quite a while. Sounds like lunch will be difficult though, maybe dinner one of these days?

"My best, as always, to the lovely Ms."

Thanks, will tell her. Same to you of course.

Sanuk!

pattaya127 said:

maybe an answer would be better in reg sanook, but can you give us an idea of the "proceedings" there, in regards with the money and why it had less emphasis?

Maybe if you were a fixture there, as you were in BKK, you'd come to the conclusion that the money thing is as sticking to the scene and its psychology as in BKK, albeit with some differences, due to a different destination.

This mercenary thing is a very good topic, BTW. Worth a thread in NL.

I think I will write something up on this in the Regional Sanuk section of the board as it will be mostly on the Filopina BGs. You are right in that it is tough to compare because I was a visitor there and have lived in Thailand nearly 8 years.

BTW, I don't bother reading Nightlife here that much any more because I am not that interested in the P4P scene. I still go to the bars once in awhile with friends (meet with guys from another list on Wed. for dinner and a few drinks), but I don't have the interest I used to have before.

Also, I have put myself on what I call Nanaplaza Lite. :)

This is to combat the overwhelming nature this board has become IMO. I guess if you log on every day, you can catch up with all the fora. However, I log on maybe once or twice a week and posts pile up quickly. It would take hours to read everything.

So, I just choose the 5-6 sections that interest me most and skip the others. One hour on the site is enough for me. Right now there are other sections besides Nightlife I find more interesting. :D

Archived