Would you still come here if . . . .

Nervous_Dog

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bibbles, the third poption, you know I thought of putting something like that in there too!

Not too long at all given the length of my rant.

My thoughts would be that of the people who view this web site, majority of visitors would not come here , but of those living here, given we are often employed/family reasons for being here, majority would stay, or visit regularly.

I just thought the percentage would be wider, but then again not many have answered the polll so far.

More interesting to me is how this reflects the nature of those here who use the site, and how its changed over time.

JB

:: :)"To put a different angle on it if all the women from my home state were replaced with Thai women (and all our women sent to Thailand) ain't no fuckin way I'd ever return to Thailand." :) :) :up:

Love it!

8 years ago, when I first visited Thailand for the temples, if it wasn't for the nightlife, I never would have returned. Now that I have a wife here, Thailand is a conveninent place to live, but the country itself is slowly loosing the magic of its mystery.

Thailand: Come for the women, stay for the.......woman. ::

It's funny.

If you asked me this question 7 years ago, I would have answered very differently.

However, as we all know, the longer you are here the less attractive the P4P and nightlife scene becomes.

I just returned from two weeks in Angeles City and I know many of you are already rolling your eyes and working up a big wad of phlegm you can jettison my way, but...

I had more sanuk there in just two weeks time than I have had here in quite some time. Many of you know me and the fun I have had in the past in the bars. But, without going into a long spiel that has been written before, the nightlife scene here just is not that much fun for me anymore. There have been a few good outings since I returned in Feb., but for the most part, not much to write home about.

To get back to the original question, this past winter I thought long and hard about whether or not I wanted to return to Thailand following a personal problem I had last year. I was about 50-50 on coming back.

Well, I am here for another year, but I can assure you it was not the gogo bars or sanuk in the nightlife that persuaded me to return.

It was the money. My employer offered me a substantial raise and here I am. If I did not get the raise or it evaporates next year, I might not return.

In summary, the P4P scene is nice to have, but IMO there are better ones in Asia to be found. And, the Bangkok nightlife has nothing to do with me wanting to be in Thailand.

Hi,

"I had more sanuk there in just two weeks time than I have had here in quite some time."

While I can definitely symphatize with your sentiments about the nightlife getting boring, I do not think this is a fair comparison. The Philipines was a 2 week vacation, here you spend a few years visiting the same bars, with the same people meeting the same girls. Obviously that would get more boring that a 2 week holiday in which you met a lot of new girls in new bars.

Anyway, fully agree with this one:

"And, the Bangkok nightlife has nothing to do with me wanting to be in Thailand."

Sanuk!

PS Are you working yet? If not, wanna do lunch one of these days? (I'm a bit too far away from you, plus our lunch hours are not really compatible, they don't even overlap :) )

I realize Thailand does have a lot to offer, but without the P4P scene, I wouldn't endure the grueling 24 hour flight from the US...not for temples, beaches, food, elephants, etc. Those things, to me, are the icing on the cake. If I want pristine beaches, I can go to the Caribbean. If I want to go deep sea fishing, I can go to Cabo San Lucas. If I want to go scuba diving, I can go to Micronesia. The demureness of the Thai women as well as the P4P scene is the main reason I visit LOS.

Archived