Thai women at the movies?

Lusty

I went with my TGF to see the movie with Matt Damon in it where he is a "conjoined twin" with some other actor (name escapes me.

Name: "Stuck On You" . I took a couple of Thai bg's to see it at the Emporium. They seemed to enjoy it. Lots of "sight gags", which are often universal in nature. I think that's why Thai's like "slapstick" stuff. Funny and not "deep"...just entertaining.

I remember the first "Home Alone". Thai dubbed without English subtitles. I didn't have much problem following the story even though I didn't understand much of what was being said. That kind of stuff is pretty easy to follow.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<<Yes I am at work but an extra 400 quid in the bin for these three extra shifts sitting on my arse reading this crap!>>

The beers are on you so it seems, set those moths free!!

Chongnoi said:

Lots of "sight gags", which are often universal in nature. I think that's why Thai's like "slapstick" stuff. Funny and not "deep"...just entertaining.

I thought that too but (soon after Something about Mary), I took the same girl to see Mouse Hunt. When the mouse landed in a large lady's cleavage and started to explore further down, no reaction! (except mine::)

My old regular stopped by once, right in the middle of TV showing of ?Apocalypse Now?, just after the Loach guns down a couple of Vietnamese ladies (post grenade tossed in helo scene)? She asked why we (Americans) killed so many Asians. Having no idea what to say or how to explain any thing I simply stated ?it?s a movie?, a pretty lame way to dodge the subject (I wussed out basically) ::

Anyway, I haven?t been to the movies while in LoS for sometime but my experiences have been about the same as everyone else?Simple plots, lots of visual gags, obvious comedy, etc. No complaints here, I enjoy entertaining films as well. One thing that concerns me, not a lot but does make me wonder is what they think about the various cultures represented in a given movie. I?ve had more than one TG ask why we (again Americans) are so violent, if the scenes depicted in a given movie actually happens in the US, and why we are such racist? It?s like damn, where are you getting all of this from, it?s just a movie!!! :banghead:

On a much lighter note, at least we can all agree on truly bad movies? I can remember taking a few girls to a movie of their choosing, they chose ?Ginger Snaps?. It was a big disappointment for all, not a single TG in our group found the movie remotely interesting or entertaining. We only stayed to get our 60bahts worth ;)

"She asked why we (Americans) killed so many Asians."

Typical reply. No answer or 'cuss'

My question: Why were so many Indians (Native Americans) killed?

Answer: blank stare or 'cuss'.

My Question: Why were blacks not liked much during the 60's and 70's.

Answer: blank stare or the typical reply of 'cuss'.

We may perceive Thais as being shallow, but there is a possibility that many falangs are shallow also.

Second point: watch a Thai movie - do you get the point of trhe movie? If the movie has angels or ghost, can you recognizes the angels or ghosts? When you see a ghost in a Thai movie, what is your reaction? Do you come across as being 'shallow' in relation to Thai culture?

I think Thais and falangs are 'same -same'.

>>>>>I think Thais and falangs are 'same -same'. <<<<

Oh my God dude. I'd really re-think your whole school of thought process, if I were you.

(ps.....I've have what ever you are having. :) )

HT

"Typical answer" from who exactly? Most Americans at least have some idea of events in their history and could at least say *something* about the Vietnam war, and have opinions about race relations and civil rights issues.

Wanna see a blank stare? Ask her why Cambodians killed so many Cambodians 30 years ago -- right across the border from Thailand. Or about the situation with hilltribe people in Thailand. Or, frankly, about just about anything more than 10 feet away from her or more than 5 minutes ago.

"Same-same"? Gimme a break.

Archived