Thai women at the movies?

Lusty

I don't know if this is generalising but here goes.

Do Thai women apprieciate well made films where the viewer has to look into and actually think about the plot or are they happier if its a fairly simple storyline(pretty woman and the like springs to mind :().I often ask her after a movie what she thought and if it was anything too complicated"me no understand teeruk"or something similar is usually the reply.

Lord knows how she would cope wih "pulp fiction" ::

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how good the subtitles are,

if they are not well done you could turn a great story into a bad movie.

Since she is usually "seeing" it in Thai and having to read the subtitles

its not really the same movie you are seeing.

I am sure I would hate movies that had english subtiltles !

OCgringo said:

I wonder how good the subtitles are,

if they are not well done you could turn a great story into a bad movie.

Since she is usually "seeing" it in Thai and having to read the subtitles

its not really the same movie you are seeing.

I am sure I would hate movies that had english subtiltles !

I went with my TGF to see the movie with Matt Damon in it where he is a "conjoined twin" with some other actor (name escapes me). Anyway, the other twin is always working on crossword puzzles but isn't very good so he is always asking Damon for assistance. In one scene he is pondering his puzzle and asks Damon "What's a four-letter word for 'snatch'?"

Damon thinks about it for a second and replies "Grab.". The other actor gets an embarrassed look on his face, scratches out his first entry and says "Sh!t, I screwed that one up pretty bad." There was one other 'expat' / falang / tourist (whatever we call ourselves now) in the audience. We were both about to die laughing while the rest of the audience had no idea why we thought it was so funny. I can only imagine how something like that comes across in subtitles.

Damon thinks about it for a second and replies "Grab.". The other actor gets an embarrassed look on his face, scratches out his first entry and says "Sh!t, I screwed that one up pretty bad." There was one other 'expat' / falang / tourist (whatever we call ourselves now) in the audience. We were both about to die laughing while the rest of the audience had no idea why we thought it was so funny. I can only imagine how something like that comes across in subtitles.

Heheh...

I saw American Pie over here. There's the infamous scene where the main character is talking to the girl who always goes on about boring stories of band camp. So they're at a party and she says, "And this one time... at band camp... I stuck a flute in my pussy."

I burst out laughing, as did one or two other farang in the audience- everyone else was silent and my date gave me a weird look. I asked her what the subtitles said, and she told me the sentence was, "And this one time... at band camp... I played the flute." :: ::

Archived