Help! I'm getting a little jaded.

El_Tel

It could be that I'm going through a slump or I've been meeting the wrong kind of BG but I can't escape a feeling of being jaded from the bar scene.

One reason is probably because I visit the same old bars every time such as Tilac, Susie Wong and Longgun and am too well known.

I'm just plain fed up with the Jap dye-jobs and their (only slightly) less mercenary sisters.

I really need a change of scenery but balk at paying 125 Bt + for a beer in Nana.

I'll be checking out PP tonight for the first time in a few years and visiting some old haunts such as Safari, Pink Panther and Goldfingers though I'll probably end up doing what I always tend to do when visiting PP and that's head straight back to SC after only a few beers, irritated at the street market and touts.

Any recommendations? Ago-gos and beer bars. Thanks.

Hi El_tel,

>>>>>>It could be that I'm going through a slump or I've been meeting the wrong kind of BG but I can't escape a feeling of being jaded from the bar scene.<<<<<

It is simply a transition that all long-time sanuker's reach, IMHO. It seems like the only one's that do not eventually tire of the scene, are the one's that are sitting on the same barstool for 30 years. You don't want to be one of those guys, do you? :)

It's inevitable that it will get 'old', after a while. Maybe just walk away from it for a while?

HT

ET

How many times have you been in the past 5 years? maybe overexposure and familiarity breeding contempt. I have been 14 times in the past five years and I find now I can hardly be bothered to go in an a go go at all. Last trip I went in just shark and bacarra once each.It's amazing how much money you have left at the end of a holiday if you keep out of bars. What to do though, well how about a good blitz on masage parlors or higher end (suposedly) places like soi 33 or Cm2 disco? have fun whatever even if it's only chatting up girls in 7/11-there's a thought-peter

I agree and spent quite a bit of time at soi 22 bars now asoke plaza has about had it. Check out the famous khun Dao, stay after hours in sugar shack or have fun trying to get the girls at new friend bar to understand what luktung is. Don't neglect wash square, some of those girls are outrageous and far more fun than the spoilt misses at SC, NP or PP. Recommend square one bar with the forever drunk khun taffy or wild country for very naughty girls. What I love about the square is the lack of neon and glitz, a bit like SC 10 years back, even hare and hounds is there-peter

I know Carousel has 95 baht drink special in the early evening

That they do. But these days, 95 baht for a happy hour price is ridiculous. Especially when you compare most of the gogos in Pattaya have 40 or 45 baht draft for a couple of hours in the early evening! :: Fly P.

thai3 said:

or wild country for very naughty girls.

It takes quite a bit to shock me, but many of the girls in Wild Country scare the living sh!t out of me. Oh I have a great time in there, but they are definitely on the extreme side of things.

A friend of mine that has lived all over the world refuses to go back in there after a near death experience of getting in a drinking contest with one of their girls.

Archived