stickman/soi23

thai3

samak said:

now i know where you mean; ..another would be TipTop also on Sukhumvit close to entrance of Soi 22

Thai friends told me that TipTop used to be a great restaurant. It is not very appealing from the outside and inside there is very little light and the place has a "dirty" feeling to it (same same Mitsu's Steakhouse in Patpong where I feel the need to shampoo my hair after I have eaten there). Everytime I am tempted to try TipTop, I chicken out and decide to go some place that looks a little more inviting. Am I missing out on good food?? Will I need a shower after I eat there?? :)

there is another relatively new late night eatery on Soi 23 half the way down from Soi Cowboy to the 7eleven. purple lights outside.

it gets very crowded when SC closes with BG and their punters. food (Thai and some Western) is good and prices average. service a bit slow when it is crowded

Both of these are very close to where I live now. I thought they were very well known for their fresh seafood.

As samak said the larger, more popular one is called See Fa. The other one is See Som (appropriately with the orange lettering).

I have dined in the former often and never the latter. It has an indoor a/c dining room and you can often see tables set up outside on the sidewalk.

A mixed crowd - Thai yuppies as mentioned, but also a favorite with the SC bargirls too. They were raving about the oysters last time I was there with a couple from Tilac. Prices are reasonable IMO.

Hi Peter,

I know you were never a fan of BG23 (internation biergarten), but I always liked it as a good meeting place in the old days before those conventions on Soi Cowboy. I liked the roast pig on the spit and ham baked in bread on Friday and Saturday nights respectively.

As mentioned BG23 is still open with some of the old staff, but most, including the old manager, Frank, have moved to the German Bier Garden on Soi 11 just down and across the street from the Grand President.

The menu is essentially the same as the BG23 with one notable exception. The biergarten is in the old DeMeglio's Italian restaurant and inherited the brick pizza oven they had there. So, now there is a good selection of pizza and pasta on the menu.

I tried the pizza and it was OK, but I thought overpriced.

They still have the ham on Sat. nights. They have an outdoors area and an a/c indoors dining room too. I was there about two months ago last time and the mosquitoes were so bad I decided to stay away for awhile.

Also, they have quite a selection of beers available, but, again, I found them to be rather expensive.

Mt S

So good to see you back posting again. Actually I did like the place and often went in around lunchtime. The only problem I had with it was the vegetarian stuff was very poor, but if you were a piggy lover then just the spot. I can never get used to how fast Bkk changes,it will have to be the old dutch from now on, what do you think of that place? Seems a bit overpriced with slow service, better since the manky old dog passed on though -urgh-peter

Archived