stickman/soi23

thai3

I see on stickman weekly this week he says that the beer garden on soi 23 is to close and that the chinese eats place at the end of SC is changing into a beer bar. I could not care less about the beer garden but that chinese place does the best food anywhere, their kow pat kai is second to none and I have been going there about 5 years. Last time I looked it was sort of closed but they were serving outside. Lets hope they still do food, but I expect the days of a 35 baht meal may be over. Old siam on soi 23 is also gone, what's the place coming to?-peter

i think he is talking about the noodle shop first house on the right when you enter from Soi 23, certainly not Sam's 2000. this noodle shop serves some chinese noodles as well but mainly the usual kwuay tiaow and khao phat stuff.

Hi Thai3,

There are 2 chinese restaurants a short walk from Soi 23 on your left. They are right next to each other and very popular among the middle/upper class locals. One is specializing in seafood and have an extensive display of fish/crabs you name it outside.

Been there a couple of times and found the food to be very good indeed.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

now i know where you mean; along Sukhumvit around 200 meters from entrance to Soi 23 (must be around Soi 27), the larger is called See Fa, open late night after 2am, very extensive menue (also vegetarian and noodle dishes for thai3), cheap and good food

another would be TipTop also on Sukhumvit close to entrance of Soi 22 (on the other side of See Fa); also open late night; they have a branch on Patpong

Archived