webcamming

BelgianBoy

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

No. We don't do audio. Web cam and MSN messenger with simultanious typing. She can't do audio, as in the workplace. For webcam, you need to have other party accept your 'invite'. After that, can view, and also type communications. I've never tried combining video and audio on MSN. I know can do individualy, but never tried simultanious. As with video on MSN, other person needs to be configured to be able to accept.

HT

Can't help you with audio, as she is always in a shop.

I can tell you this. When she had to download new MSN, and I invited her to view web cam, it responded that her version did not support. When she invited me, it was different than it was before, it was a video conference vice the invitation to view her web cam. And it never did work right.

She may be using the old version now, as it is back to the mutual video cam invite vice one OK for conference. But it is working once again. I went to the MSN site and there was nothing there about the new version as I said above. Does this sound like your problem?

I am shown as the latest version, and does not operate with the video conf method. I know there is an international version. Maybe this is the difference?

I have nevr tried 3 way tho. Well at Eden etc, but not web cam.

Thanks all for the responses......

On the 'old' MSN version, we would switch to the NetMeeting which had a slow webcam but good sound.

Now the latest version of MSN has good webcam, but no audio support, because -I guess- her line is too slow for that.....

Also, we now use skype for audio, which is way better quality than a phone line..... I combine this with a pic of her on my screen.....

I still miss seeing her, so before closing, we switch to webcam for a goodnite kiss :p

BB

I have been using Windows Messenger from belgikse/broadband to Chumpom tamtam connection, good quality webcam, bad quality sound, but that was one year ago...Yahoo messenger was the other way round and easier to use. Don't remember how MSN messager works thoug, you need to invite some one online to Start a video converstaion, the other side has to accept, then there was a microphone icon somewhere...

I will need to test this out again before I head back to belgikse at the end of this month. wanna try BB???

Pm me with details sign-in name, day-time

• 2 weeks later...

FOLLOW-UP

I had various contacts with GF and others to test the latest version of MSN, Yahoo and skype.

With her slow dailup line, we could chat and see each other on both MSN and Yahoo, although het webcam was very slowwwww, definitely no voice was possible at all.

Also skype works only in about 10-15 % of all the time..... and cut off frequently......

She then booked Qnet and has now a very good speed !

MSN and Yahoo still do not work with sound/voice, but we use Yohoo now for webcam and skype at same time for sound, works perfectly :up: :up:

BB

smiling from ear to ear

Few years ago when I was experiencing this long-distance relationship I also wasn't able to use webcam+voice from MSN.

So I used honeycom/honeytalk? for voice. Not a great connection but al in all not much to complain about compared with my other options.

Only 2 more months for you anyhow, piece of cake no? :)

Archived