weird remedies that work

zink tablets (my lifesavers!):

perfect for coldsores (or herpes simplex virus). dunno if it also works for genital herpes but i see no reason why it shouldn't. that was the first and only medicine which kept my coldsores at bay, before i knew about that whenever i had an outbreak my lip and nose were swollen triple its size for ages.

as soon as one gets the itch on the lip one has to take a massive dose, three times three tablets, for three days, and then slowly reducing the dose until it cleared up. after a while you'll find the dose which works best. if you catch it before it breaks out chances are that it will not reach wet stage.

garlic, the multi medicine:

helps preventing altitude sickness.

helps during all infections.

and, i shit you not, it gets rid very fast of lovebites. if you got an embarrassing lovebite, just rub it with garlic - and it will disappear in about half an hour. just keep rubbing until its gone.

Good observations fly!

What I love doing is reading the write-ups on drugs - especially how effective placebos are. My question has always been - is the placebo that effective or is it the water that is given with the placebo?

Cold sores - I use TCP. Its a liquid, for those who don't know about it. As soon as I get the feeling that a cold sore is about to develop I just put some of the TCP on it. You don't need much just a dab a few times a day and away it goes. It dries it up very quickly.

try zinctablets, all natural. caught at the first itch it will not go into wet stage. it will straight away go into the dry crust.

that one is actually just an emergency measure. it only prevents any intestine activity and that way loss of fluids and electrolytes. in case of having something serious is does cement your stomach until you reach the hospital.

and if you just have an upset stomach it helps you avoiding dirty train toilets. but whatever bug is in your sythem is not destroyed or cured.

a better cure in lack of anything else is ripe pattaya (with a bit of lemon to get rid of the aweful taste ;) ) which has certain cleansening properties, garlic (again), and in lack of proper electrolyte packs a glass of warm water with one spoon salt, three spoons sugar will make you feel a lot stronger very soon.

never had an earwax problem here, but in winters in farangland.

i guess you should get your ears get cleaned once properly by a doc, and then use cottonwool sticks to clean only after a shower, and very carefully.

if that doesn't work garlic stuffed in your ear will at least stop the soup from running over your shoulder. ::

Archived