Hair Removal

Steve

I asked this a long time ago and either got no responses or forgot what the replies were and I'm too lazy to go look it up.

Anyway, does anyone know if Thailand has the laser hair removal services that are so prominantly advertised in the west (or at least in America)? You've seen the ads. Permanently remove hair from back, arms, chest, etc.

If yes, the costs and venues would be appreciated.

Nervous_Dog said:

You know I have thought about this as well, given when I am swimming Canadians come after me with clubs to get my lovely "Pelt"!

Would be keen to see if others know about it?

JB

Yes, but in your case, we would like to wait til they turn white as there is a very premium market for "WhiteCoats" :neener:

Dear Chocolat Steve (okay I deleted mine and added it in okay! haha),

Regarding your message, kindly refer to the estimated price of laser hair removal (in Thai baht) as given below: (IN BAHT)

Area Single treatment 3 Treatments 5 Treatments

Upper Back 15,000 36,000 45,000

Lower Back 15,000 36,000 45,000

Entire Back 27,000 65,000 80,000

** The package prices provided above are for planning purposes only. Eligibility for these packages can only be established after the patient has been examined by the BH physician. These packages are for uncomplicated routine cases and other charges may apply as noted in the package description. It is important that you read the package information carefully to ensure that you are aware of any medical conditions which are considered complex or high risk and therefore will not qualify the patient for the package. We would recommend that you bring additional funds for any contingencies that may arise.

For the currency rate please see:

<<<http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok+Bank/Personal+Banking/Foreign+Exchange/FX+Rates/default.htm>>>

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards

Sukontha P

E-mail Correspondence Officer

International Patient Center 3rd Floor

Bumrungrad Hospital

Office Hours: 7.00-20.00 hrs

Tel: 66 (0) 2667-1213 Fax: 66 (0) 2667-1214

In an emergency please contact 66 (0) 2667-1175

Asia's First Internationally Accredited Hospital

See us at www.bumrungrad.com <http://www.bumrungrad.com> <<http://www.bumrungrad.com>>

*If you wish to change or cancel your appointment, please provide 48 hours notice.

*If you have a series of appointments booked and fail to show up to an appointment without notice, then all subsequent appointments will be cancelled.

In my e mail I asked for different parts of the body and said hair on back as an example, so they took it and ran with it. Lost in translation I guess. I wanted other body parts as well.

From what I understand depending on how much hair, and work to do, it could be multiple treatments. In the states its ALWAYS multiple treatments. That's how they get you.

The prices seem a little dear by American standards. Not sure of the quality but there are always 'specials' being run in the papers where by your first treatment is relatively inexpensive and IF you need additional treatments (see above) its at their regular price.

I would probably get an initial consultation to hear their recommendation before doing it. Possibly even get more than one opinion.

Steve - I had to smile when you said 'prices can't be any much more than what it is in the states'. I contacted the Bumrungrad a couple of years ago & thought their prices were sky high. I got the job done in Pattaya at much lower cost. The Doctor I was seeing works in one of the Pattaya Hospitals, but set up his own private clinic. He said that the Bumrungrad were using an old laser that could only cover a very limited area per shot - hence the high prices. The choice of lasers is limited in Thailand and you need to find one suited to your skin type. The process works best with dark hair & pale skin. Darker skin requires a longer wavelength machine and that's one of the reasons they want to do an examination to find if you are 'eligible'. In my opinion you would be better off getting it done in the states. It will probably be less costly and it will be easy for you to go for multiple sessions. It's also not a very 'sanuk' friendly activity - once you've had an area treated it can be sore / stinging for upto 24 hrs. One other thing - don't believe what you read about the treatment being painless - depending on the area being treated, it can range from slightly uncomfortable to bloody painful! Good luck whatever you decide.

I heard the darker the skin the more difficult to get it done and I am very dark. Due to the prices of every thing being lower, I always assume I'll get a better deal in Thailand. You're probably right, the states is probably better and possibly cheaper. Thanks for your input.

Archived