A poll for Kiwis - mate.

Coss

coss said:

The Green Elephant - famous place - all gone now (in that incarnation) and not replaced :(

Cheers

Coss

And unlikely to be with the supposed tougher visa requirements filtering out the lower cast(in immigration's eyes) of thai society.I wonder if the overstayer police read the Truth newspaper..haha.

I wouldn't even know where a freelancer bar was in AKL ?? Loads of full service massage venues ,chinese and koreans seem to have the Asian scene market share here. A mate of mine said he forked out $200 NZD for a korean bird in downtown AKL.Blimey.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best places I've been to recently are Chinese massage.

But there's a supposedly traditional Thai massage shop called, wait for it, Nana. And I'm gonna poke my head in there tomorrow too.

Or should that be, head in there for a poke tomorrow?

Cheers

Coss

There is a "Wat Po" style massage in Newmarket that is pretty good.I think it's called Saisalin, or something phonetically close to that. It is a proper traditional massage by masseuses trained at Wat Po, not a quick back rub then offer of sex from overstayer Lek from NongKhai who stinks of booze and ciggies :) I've had hundreds of massages at Wat Po, as our condo in BKK is very close by, and I must say that the folks at Newmarket do a good job too.

Hi Coss,

Is Napier as picturesque as it looks on telly ? I didnt know the history, and seeing all that Art Deco architecture in the main street on a recent 'NZ - land of a thousand disasters' (!) doco recently blew me away. I feel sorry for the people who died in the quake, but if it means that you get a spanking new town with that much style, I'm willing to sacrifice a few of our local toothless rednecks in *praying* for it to happen right here in CQ ! ::

My father retired in Napier. It has a very nice city center with all those artdeco, low rise buildings. The climate is also one of the best in NZ, On par with Nelson, the sunshine capital. Wellington and Auckland both have funny climates although they are the business capitals of NZ.

Big storms saeem to miss Napier and its province, Hawkes Bay. There is also a thriving wine growing region as well as horticulture.

I used to go up there for weekends away from Wellington, before saving money for tripsa to S.E. Asia became more important.

A thai employee of mine went along for a peek(42 bar). Mixture of luk tung,thai pop and western karaoke.Mostly thai and issan folk were there, male and female mix. A couple of farang. Food is good.Booze is about average for Auckland pricewise.Dim lighting, chilled out, non-pretentious,non-agro amosphere.Car parking too.

Just a regular bar, not a pickup joint or in your face freelancer bar.. Well maybe if your thai is good enough you could try your lines on some of the ladies that are there alone :)

Umm thats about all I can remember.I might go next week for dinner and a Singha.(no pun intended)

Belem said:

Whale watching and eating crayfish in Kaikoura. It doesn't get any better than that. Unless, of course, you have bottle-nosed dolphins swimming by your boat in Milford Sound or doing a night bungy jump in Queenstown.

Mate.. the only time Kaikoura was good was when Palmy was there for her one2call promos....haha. Just kidding.Very nice place with or without "Luk Kreung" princesses.

Archived