A poll for Kiwis - mate.

Coss

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BelgianBoy said:

Bob,

Actually Palmy is also a Luk Kreung herself, Thai mom, Belgian daddy.

Sings cutely IMO.

BB

Exactly..hence my reference about "Luk Kreung" princesses.

Just to touch back on the Temples in Middle Earth.

Wat Yarnpratreep, 99 Sabulite Rd, Kelston, Auckland.

Ph 09 813 1055 Fax 09 813 1066.

Wat Yarnpratreep, 43 Rest Hill Cres, Glennview, Hamilton.

Ph & Fax 07 843 5569.

Wat Yarnpratreep, 28 Beauchamp St, Karori, Wellington.

Ph 04 476 3570 Fax 04 476 3571.

Watyarn.net.nz

Cheers

Coss

No suffering in the West, mate. Superb Mediterranean climate, sunniest state capital, 19 times the size of England with only 1.8 million people, unexplored wilderness, can buy a beautiful detached house with a swimming pool for the price of a dogbox in Sydney, pristine beaches, giant forests, a trillion stars in the Milky way to light up your back garden, Margaret River wines the finest in Australia? I lie? in the world! .. a very accommodating little Thai consulate, and just 6 hours from Bangkok.

My only regret is that the Federal Govt used some of the $billions with which WA from its mineral wealth subsidizes the rest of the country to bitumenize the Eyre Highway across the Nullarbor . Now every man and his dog knows about the best kept secret in the world ? ?WA Godzone?

Jackboot Johnny should also spare a bit of our loot for free opticians? tests for Sandgropers ? as you know we are all afflicted with severe astigmatism in the west!

Only joking. We love yous all in the east?. Well, it?s more pity really. :)

Enough of the tourist promotion. I?ve got a Kiwi mate here in Pattaya who hails from Nelson. I?ll tell him about the meeting.

Cmon Rob, its a well known fact that the rest of Australia dreams of living up here in sunny Qld. Sadly, thats the cause of so many of our problems ......

Enjoy your splendid isolation while it lasts : if big business has its way, we'll be country of 60 million before you know it.

• 1 month later...

It is now called "Club 99". Same place, same theme (thai bar/food/disco/karaoke), just different name. Popped down in the weekend. Not bad..mixture of thai people and farang..quite a few hot girls too !! It is the only thai bar in Auckland, so they get heaps of thai folk there.It was certainly full when I was there.

• 3 weeks later...

Went there a few nites ago. A barman furtehr up the road said they sometimes stay open until 6.00 AM. Probably to accomaodate the MP workrs coming off their shifts.

OK atmosphere, we were there too early (10.30). One table with about 8 cuties, having a great time, a few other small groups around. Would like to see it at 2.30 AM.

Couldn't decide if the table of cuties were off duty MP worjkers or students. But it amde me all nostalgic for LOS

Yeh , I popped by last night.It was packed from 11pm till closing at around 5am. Definately picks up later into the night i'm told. Had a few drinks, and a damn fine cashew nut chicken !!

The crowd seemed quite varied...students,farang,young and old,restaurant workers,issan,thai,khmer,laos,thai-thai couples,thai-farang couples.Yeh, most proably gets its fair share of mp workers, but also gets thais from other walks of life ie: expat company workers, 2nd generation immigrant familys etc... I think the majority of the people who showed up later were restaurant workers..i guess once they finish their shift and clean up, they come to the bar around 11-12 ish.

Good for a thai fix if you're missing LOS life !!

Archived