Friendly Gals

Coss

Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.

A lovely quote, but how do we feel about this?

Speaking as a fellow for whom most woman, are full of sexual promise and those that aren't are never going to be my friends, I can say that I agree with the statement above, as the only friendships I've really had with women, have been with the gals I'm shagging.

Cheers

Coss

Hi Coss.

I disagree with that statement. I have a good friends who are female. In fact, my best friend here in Australia is a farang woman... we have been friends for years but would NEVER dream of sleeping together. We just don't feel any physical attraction for each other whatsoever, but we know (and do), talk about everything together - I even tell her about my sanuk exploits in LOS! I also have a couple of (Thai) female friends in Thailand who I go out with occaisionally for a meal or a movie. The thought of sex doesn't even come into the equation - we simply enjoy each other's friendship and companionship. Fly P.

Ahh, I?ve heard this quote before as well but don?t fully believe in it. IMHO it depends on your exposure to the opposite sex, how you interact with them, discipline, and maturity.

Back during my school years I did believe this was the case, the old ?no woman could truly be your friend as sex was the ultimate goal? argument (generalizing here). Now that I?m older (sadly not wiser), I do feel different about that statement.

I?ve actually worked for a major fashion house for a few years, one that was run & staffed by women, lots of good looking women. I was one of three straight guys that worked there? Talk about lucky! Anyhow, after working there for a few years I did developed platonic relationships several of the girls, many are still friends to this day. Did I have a hidden sexual agenda or ulterior motives for the relationships??? Initially yes, with some girls anyway, definitely not with others. But after working with many of them for years things just normalized and it was almost like hanging with the boys to some degree? With an interesting perspective though :: I?d party with these ladies after work like one would with any co-workers. I?d seek out their advice on certain things and many would offer their point of view on issues that I often found troubling. It was great learning things from their perspective, their point of view. I value what was shared and believe it?s helped me at least a little in my current relationships. However, unfortunately with all that opportunity I still find women a mystery? What a waste ;)

Anyhow, that?s just my point of view & experience. I?m sure others feel differently and I have no problem with that. I just feel nothing is set in stone when it comes to human interaction? Anything is possible :D

Nakbin

I think you are boxing yourself in and a whole gender too. I am sorry to juxtapose this statement to your one before in another thread, about having a listeless life back home because of the stance and look of others, with the perception, if i remember, that women hate you for being a man. They don't, by a large majority. the faster you will get rid of these negative feelings , the sooner you will befriend women, and be able to enjoy life back home too.

pattaya127 said: the faster you will get rid of these negative feelings , the sooner you will befriend women, and be able to enjoy life back home too.

Ahh, but who's to say I have negative feelings? Perhaps I'm an observational correspondent whose preferred method of communication is to be accessible.

Cheers

Coss

Not true. I know several women I'm friends with, but have no desire to shag. Of course, they are all over 60 years old, which might give validity to your post. :o

HT

Ah Hah! at last a masculine fellow for whom the current pro-feminist mores hold no sway.

Thank you Mister Blonde, for standing above the crowd of "in-touch with my feelings" modern man.

Cheers

Coss

Archived