How to Get Dial Up Via PABX?

Torneyboy

"dont think they are or would be digital (to expensive) need cash to pay the CEOs"

Do not confuse digital line to the outside world (i.e., ISDN) with a digital closed corporate PABX system. On these systems, the lines coming in are standard analog lines, but once they go into the PABX system, it's digital. Trust me, 99.9% of the PABX systems are digital where you plug into the wall. And you can damage your modem and/or the PABX system by trying to make it work.

The best suggestion, and one I have used in the past, is to commandeer the fax line.

Cheers,

SD

>Do not confuse digital line to the outside world (i.e., ISDN) with a digital closed corporate PABX system. On these systems, the lines coming in are standard analog lines, but once they go into the PABX system, it's digital.

That explains it.

The lines to the PABX are analog, once you make a conection to the outside world, you are engaging the full path. That spelled the death to analog mobile phones.

What PABX does, it shares the links to the local phones (intra office) digitally.

Standard modems don't like that.

Wireless connections for laptops are there to overcome it, but that's another technology and another story.

Archived