Fantasy League Euro '04

Zaad

Hi,

Anybody who wants to join the Nana Plaza Fantasy League Euro '04 can do it now. Sayjann asked about this in another thread and Kman sent me a PM the other day telling me I was the euro 2004 man and I should be responsible for this :) OK!

I set up a league already and it's now awaiting more teams to join. It's pretty much the same as the CL and EPL Fantasy League. See for yourself.

All you need to do is register, choose players (and manager, no subs btw) to form a team, then after activating your account you'll see a new feature on the left menu called "mini-league admin." Choose this option, select "join league" and enter the following:

League: Nana Plaza League

Password: SANUK

And voila! Cheers and goodluck folks! :beer:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Zaad,

Great idea to arrange a league, I have joined up as well, not sure if this is the best option though, there could be better games out there to play maybe you/me/all of us can check a few sites out in the next days and see if there is a better game out there and you can form a new league, maybe there is not a better game out there but worth a look while we still have time to change,

There are a few things I am not sure about the game the worst one though is If i click on your team I can see all your players that you have picked so myself or anyone playing can copy you, seems a bit strange to me,

Zaads team exposed :o :o,

Manager

Morten Olsen

Aleksandrs Kolinko

Nikos Dabizas

Thomas Helveg

Murat Yakin

Francesco Totti

Luis Figo

Paul Scholes

Tomçs Rosicky

Arjen Robben

Pauleta

Thierry Henry

have just got my registration code but off to work so i will have a good look tonight and choose my team.

what's the problem with seeing other peoples teams?.

wasn't this the case also in the PL and CL competitions?.

don't worry Zaad,i will not copy your team.......it sucks.... :neener:

LOL

ok just for the record:

Racha's team ::

Otto Baric

Edwin van der Sar

Thomas Helveg

Michel Salgado

Iván Helguera

Robert Pires

Frank Lampard

Pavel Nedved

Viktors Dobrecovs

Jurijs Laizans

Henrik Larsson

Thierry Henry

No, this wasn't the case with the other leagues. Only after the deadline it was possible to see the chosen players.

The question is if there is a better game ?? lets see what we or anyone else can find as there are a lot of games out there at the moment, though not sure if they are any better or not ?? just seems silly to see the other teams IMO,

The Eur'04 Fantasy Football game is based on the 2004 European Championships in Portugal. Players will score points from all games played in the group games, quarter-finals, semi-finals and final.

The game will start from matches played on the 12th June 2004 and will run through to the final match played on 4th July 2004.

How to Play

The Eur'04 Fantasy Football game is FREE to play.

The game is FREE to Play. You may only enter 1 team per entrant.

You may register teams at any time before or during the Championships. Any teams registered before the 11th June will receive a transfer amnesty until this date and will not start scoring points until the 12th June. Any teams registered once the tournament has already started will only receive points from the date they have registered.

Prizes

Prizes will be awarded throughout the tournament. The opportunities to win a prize are:

1 x Overall Winner - Unforgetable football experience combining a VIP day at a Premiership game of your choice, followed by two more footballing weekends away in Europe.

1 x 2nd place team - Sony widescreen tv, dvd & home cinema package

1 x 3rd place team - La-Z-Boy Oasis chair

1 x 4th place team - VIP day for two to a Premiership game

4 x Team of the Week Winners - Table football game and a copy of 'England International' on Xbox or PS2

1 x League of League Winners - Each team within the mini-league will receive a T-shirt of their choice courtesy of football365shop.com.

1 x Early Entry - Register by 1st June to be entered into a draw to win £1000 cash

5 x Random Lucky Prize draw - Copies of 'England International', the great new game from Codemasters (rrp £39.99)

How to Pick Your Team

We have got the crème de la crème of Europe for you to create your team!!

When you sign up you will receive a budget of 75 "Fantasy Stars" with which to build your team.

You may pick from any player who is playing in the European Championship. The player lists will be updated when squads are announced. Remember there is a transfer amnesty in place until 11th June, so if you pick your squad early you may change it once the full country squads are announced.

The formation you pick will decide the shape of your squad, your tactics and how your budget is spent.

You will need to buy a manager and 11 players.

How to Score Points

MANAGER

Steady points throughout the Championships - for a price. Important: You cannot transfer your manager, so if his team drops out you will not score any points.

WIN +5 points DRAW +2 points LOSE -2 points

PLAYERS

Buy wisely here and you?ll be heading straight to the top of the league.

Goal Scored Goal Conceded Clean Sheet

ADDITIONAL POINTS FOR PLAYERS

Played FULL 90 mins +2 points

Substituted (on or off) +1 point

[color:"yellow"]Yellow[/color]Card -5 points

[color:"red"]RED[/color]Card -10 points

EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE POINTS BASED ON THE PERFORMANCE OF THEIR COUNTRY

Win +3 points Draw +1 points Lose n/a

The ONLY results used for the game are those initially reported by the key news agencies. If any decision is reversed from what was initially reported we will NOT amend the points already applied to teams.

Transfers

Each team is allowed 40 transfers throughout the Championships. This is effective from the 12th June. Any teams registered before the 11th June will receive a transfer amnesty until that date. This means that you may pick your team and make any transfers for free until midnight on 11th June.

Players will only score points from the date they have been transferred.

All transfers must be made by kick-off. You will only receive points if a player is named in your starting line up when the starting whistle is blown for that match. Any players transferred after this time will not score points until the next match they play in. All kick-off times are according to British Summer Time.

You may use your transfers tactically to take into consideration when matches are played in order to maximize your points.

e.g. If you have Michael Owen in your team for an England game that has a 3pm kick-off, you may transfer him after kick-off for Christian Vieri for an Italy game with a 5pm kick-off.

Archived