sanuker's babies

As some of you may know, sex without condoms can lead to unwanted pregnancies.

From other threads we know that many sanukers don't use condoms.

What happens to the resulting fetuses?

Are most of them aborted?

Is it common for sanukers to know about the pregnancy at all?

If yes, do they care?

What happens to the babies?

What are the legal rights of the children?

At least according to Australian and German law (I don't know about others) the child can get the father's citizenship and is entitled to alimony. Of couse, if you can name the father - in many cases this is impossible, but many times it is quite possible.

Is this just theory?

Does anybody actually know children who get money and citizenship according to the law of the father's country (I know one, a result of P4P)?

In the case of the US embassy it's not good enough to just name the father, the father must go in with the mother and child to report the birth and fill out the necessary forms including assuming responsibility for the child until the age of 18. My guess is that the other embassies would be similar.

My point is if the mother can name the father it would not be up to the father to assume responsilbility for the child - he automatically has this responsibility by law. Of course, it might be necessary to prove that he really is the father.

And in Germany it would be a criminal offence if the father knows he has a child and does not support it. The law does not say it has to be a caucasian child. But I have never heard of German authorities helping Thai mixed children get money.

This is just speculation on my part.

It's conceivable that a Thai woman could prove through DNA who a foreign father is and hire a lawyer in Thailand and probably a lawyer in the farangs home country to try and get a judgment of some sort against the father. Sure sounds like a costly uphill battle though. I wouldn't think a typical p4p girl, if that is what you're referring to, would have the resolve to carry through with this.

I agree.

But my point is that AFAIK in some countries it would be a criminal offence not to pay child support. That means the mother doesn't have to fight against the father (usually an uphill battle even if they live in the same country). In theory the authorities are supposed to do this. Does that ever happen?

There was an interview a while bike on Stick's site with some American guy who was setting up a company in Thailand to help Thai girls get money out of farang who had fathered their kids and the guy was full of glee that the money they would get would be based on foreign levels of support not Thai standards of living - and it applied to most Western countries (I think it is fifteen percent of gross income in the UK for one kid). Don't know how much commission the guy was going after but I would not pay western support levels (I do pay upcountry level for one kid, BTW) if they went after me on principle and would simply relocate my assets elsewhere but for working Joes in the tax system in the West it could be very nasty as the government will simply grab the money off them.

For a quick answer, go out to Pakkred Baby home, or if thats to far, go to the one just 1 block from Victory monument, there you will a sunny collection of beautiful babies who look, hmm, look krung?

Most of the Luk Krung are obviously from African/Middle East backgounds, a lot from good old white farang backgrounds, lots and lots of homeless babies.

Abortions are common, very common, a lot fo the girls have had at least one, maybe more (one I know has had 4 - hmm, darling, dont you think a condom, or at least a packet of pill is cheaper? No she replied, Pill costs me 180 baht a month!)

JB

I didn't read the interview but the guy sounds like an ambulance chaser. I wonder if they plan to go after some guy that knocks up a bg while on a two week holiday? Are the courts going to force this guy to provide a DNA sample because a foreign prostitute claims he got her pregnant?

It sounds far fetched but it wouldn't surprise me. Men who don't pay child support so called "dead-beat dads" seem to be just a notch below pedophiles in the minds of the PC in the US.

When a girl is getting paid for sex it's her responsibilty to be sure she doesn't get pregnant.

keekwai said:

When a girl is getting paid for sex it's her responsibilty to be sure she doesn't get pregnant.

This type of thinking is exactly why there's so many homeless babies running around. It takes 2 to tango my friend. Just because the girl is a prostitute doesnt make you any less responsible if she gets pregnant. Call me PC if you like, but I have no respect for any guy who shirks his responsiblity in being a father. :nono:

Archived