TG got Tourist Visa!!

I just had to let everyone know that my TG just got a tourist visa. A 10 year visa! So it is not as impossible as I had been told. She has a good office job, owns a small condo, but has no money to speak of, so that wasn't a big concern with the embassy. She is very attractive and single but that wasn't an automatic disqualifier as I've been told.

Well....got to go celebrate. Later

Oh yea!! thanks to those who offered encouragement. Especially HSTEACH.

[ August 28, 2001: Message edited by: mapper ]

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were you involved in the process at all, ie., did you write a letter to the embassy or did you do an Affidavit of Support for her?

Has she applied before and been rejected?

Does she have children in LOS? About how much does she earn monthly? Did she graduate from a university,if so, did she make the embassy aware of this? Thanks, Jay

Congrats Mapper..let us know exactly what happened, I'm sure there are others here that would like to do the same. Many times when I'm asked about tourist visas, the answer is usually not what they want to hear. Maybe things are changing at the embassy, on the other hand, she was just a good applicant. Congrats again!! Good luck...

In answer,

No I was not involved in the process. I was given advice not to be seen in fact. No, she has no children. I didn't do an affidavit of support. I'm sure the embassy probably knew she has a four year college degree. She's never applied for a visa before. She's never told me how much she makes but I do know her condo payment is around 10,000 baht a month and she sends her mom 3000 baht. Has very little left over after that. Has probably less than 10,000 baht in her bank account. I think the fact that she has a steady job and has been there 5 years (and is now a sales manager) in a small retail store made a difference. She had some documentation showing her ownership of her condo and a letter from her employer saying she had a good job. Probably helps to be prepared up front.

Yes, the visa is good for ten years. I can't beleive it. I have a Thai friend who travels to trade shows in the US and he got a ten year visa. But He is from a wealthy well known family. His sister-in-law who's son was born in the US could only get a six month visa.

I'll let everyone know as I find out more info. Mapper

Congrats... My girlfriend also has the same visa but she works for an airline.

Do you plan to try and marry her now then?

quote:

Originally posted by mapper:

I just had to let everyone know that my TG just got a tourist visa. A 10 year visa! So it is not as impossible as I had been told. She has a good office job, owns a small condo, but has no money to speak of, so that wasn't a big concern with the embassy. She is very attractive and single but that wasn't an automatic disqualifier as I've been told.

Congrats... My girlfriend also has the same visa but she works for an airline.

Do you plan to try and marry her now then?

quote:

Originally posted by mapper:

Oh Yea,

I forgot to add that my TG was advised by her friends that it helps to be on a group tour. An excellent link was given to me by JEff under the topic "post bond for TG visa?" It is a .pdf file that appears to be for gov't employees who do the screening process for tourist visas. The document is good info. It does confirm that priority will be given to those with definate travel plans such as group tours. Steffi, I am very interested in this woman. I was prepared to go through the K-1 process if need be. I didn't want the pressure of the 90 day allowance. Now we will spend time together without the big deadline looming. First here in the US and then I will come back to BKK with her for a month. I am really looking forward to spending some quality time together and meeting her family who live up north.

Steffi,

I'll want to communicate with you later on the Sin Sot issue. I've been following your story. May need advice later on. Good Luck with everything. Mapper

Congrats on the 10 year VISA. I am in the tourist VISA process now with my Thai gf, and we are both real curious to see how it plays out.

Quick question: Can you marry a Thai girl in the States if she is on a tourist VISA there, or must she enter on a fiance or other (e.g., student) VISA?

Seems logical that you could legally marry there, but logic doesn't always apply in such situations.

Cheers,

froggo

Archived