big cock surcharges!

Whilst reading another board it was generally agreed there that most massage parlours in Bangkok charge Westeners 500/1000 baht more than Thai men for their service.

When pressed on this subject,the parlours say that it is because Western men are bigger and will "stretch" the girls,much to Thai mens disapproval.

I have not heard of this before.Is it true? crazy.gif" border="0

All farangs are charged more than locals. That's how it is everywhere in the world. Locals pay less or know where to get the best price. Everyone takes advantage of tourists.

I start off by greeting them with a 'sabidee krup' so that they know I'm not a newbie and if I challenge the price if its too outrageous, that I may know what the true price is.

I recall one girl who told me one price boosted my ego afterwards by saying that I was too big and she's charging me extra. I cried 'foul' (but paid) but she knew I knew it was BS.

I don't think it is just naive tourist they take advantage of. I have been to the massage parlors in the company of Thai friends who are regulars there, who negotiate on my behalf, and still couldn't get me the same rate as them. The massage parlor obviously knew I was not naive of the extra charge they were adding to my bill. About 500 baht extra.

Hi Guys,

Kind of a cool idea for some of you. They could hire a pecker checker at the door.

Before they let you in you put you old buddy in the peter meter and pay accordingly.

In my case it would save me a lot of money if the smaller you are the less your bill.

Hope it catches on.

Regards,

Milford

No, you don't need the pecker meter - just whip out your old fella in front of one of the girls and pay according to the reaction.

If the girl says

"nalaak dee" = cute (oh boy is that a small one)

"oooh big" = bigger than the average Thai man anyway

"Die laaw" = You're paying top price mister!! whether you like it or not.

And if she faints on the spot, you're probably a West Indian.

quote:

Originally posted by Bangkok Phil:

No, you don't need the pecker meter - just whip out your old fella in front of one of the girls and pay according to the reaction.

If the girl says

"nalaak dee" = cute (oh boy is that a small one)

"oooh big" = bigger than the average Thai man anyway

"Die laaw" = You're paying top price mister!! whether you like it or not.

And if she faints on the spot, you're probably an Alaskan.

Phil how did you know?

Originally posted by chocolat steve:

[QB]All farangs are charged more than locals. That's how it is everywhere in the world. Locals pay less or know where to get the best price. Everyone takes advantage of tourists.

I start off by greeting them with a 'sabidee krup' so that they know I'm not a newbie

Oh, so you start off with greeting them in Lao? I`m sure that is popular among the girls. Whether they are lao or not, most take offense in being taken for Lao and spoken to in Lao unless you are actually in Isarn or Lao.

Presuming you just thought that "sabidee" is "hello" in thai, well then you are a newbie after all.

Michael

"Khun saibi dee, krup?" is Thai. It equates to "How are you Sir/Maam?" or "How are you feeling?" This is a very common and polite greeting. It's even in all the Thai phrase books and perfectly acceptable anywhere in Thailand.

So cut the guy some slack will you.

Although American, I have West Indian (Jamaican) parents, so thank you Bangkok Phil for the good press! With as much modesty as I can muster, I did recall one girl charging me extra after she complained her butt was sore after she decided to let try it 'there'.

Overall though, some will charge farangs more even if they know you know the real rate. Not sure what can be done other than whenever possible don't pay it, bring your business elsewhere. Not possible in all cases but when you can.

Archived