fini?

thai3

What the hell is going on here WA, why have you locked these threads in a place where anything is meant to be allowed to be discussed? I don't see anyone insulting each other. You lock the threads without any explanation or aplogy, do you get off on this sort of power? no wonder people are leaving the board with this kind of nonsense going on. Oh it's political, so what it seems harmless enough-peter

Hi,

The thing is that this is a no win situation, if we enforce the rules there will be people who bitch, of we do not enforce them flames will appear and people will bitch.

If anybody has a real solution to this then I am more than happy to listen.

Sanuk!

"Oh it's political"

Bingo!

So, why do you need to bring this up? Seems you already know why they were locked.

Everybody here is aware of the no politics rule. Don't like it, fine, go play somewhere else.

Just that your definition of political (and of most members?) looks very strange to me (and other members?)

It took me fairly a long time to understand at least a bit your definition...

For example to speak bad about certain nationalities is classified as political while doing the same about others seems to be ok. (I would classify both cases as rasistic or arrogant).

For me politics is to propose solutions for assumed problems. Or to criticise the solutions proposed by governments. I don't remember that a post was ever deleted because it criticised for example the education system of thailand.

So could you please deliver a definition of political?

Thank you

naiv

T3

Maybe give the mods a break , my thread got locked because I saw the replies turning against the way I posted it , In my own kinda way I asked for it to be locked , but I did get in my final say... :beer: You also might want to be aware that WA owns some of the finest weaponry known to mankind , he could most likely nail me right in the nuts with one shot from Alaska to Los Angeles... :doah:

BadaavoidinghiswindowsBing ::

So could you please deliver a definition of political?

I would be most interested to hear this definition, I always assumed the 'No Politics' rule applied to posts concerning the current policital situation in Thailand and the actions of the Thai government, the politicians and their families. I understand such discussion could seriously affect the position of KS since he is living in LOS, I think everyone accepts this. Regarding the R.R. RIP posts, these are more about personal perceptions of a figure from history and do not relate to any current political situation whatsoever, surely the no flaming rule would be adequate to police such posts? I suspect the no politics rule really means, "no posts that do not complie with the mods personal viewpoint" or am being too cynical?

Hi,

Basically when I say no politics it means that I do not want to see any political comments on here as they will almost invariably turn into people flaming each other.

The no Thai politics is for safety reasons of me, and others on this board who live here. The no other country politics is just to prevent flames.

Starting a post on Ronald Reagan is pretty much asking for political comments. The other thread started fine, until some comments were made which likely would have made the thread go downhill. WA was about to go offline and did what he considered the best course of action, he closed them before things got out of hand.

Sanuk!

Thai3,

"no wonder people are leaving the board with this kind of nonsense going on. Oh it's political,.."

First of all, I find it hard to believe that people on THIS board would leave for the no politics rule. I bet the members are here for other purposes, politics is likely not the main one and it sure would NOT be the deciding factor whether to stay or leave.

Second, don't you think all LOT (including me) people here would leave as soon as such threads turn into flame wars? I'm sure that would have a greater impact on the board so I fully understand KS' prevention of this topic.

Archived