fini?

thai3

Basically when I say no politics it means that I do not want to see any political comments on here as they will almost invariably turn into people flaming each other.

Could you define political comments? Are the following comments political?

"their crappy education system."

"Independent thought is just not promoted in Thai schools, just root learning. And that I think is at the base of this, and a lot of other problems."

"Blame the idiots they have in government who don't seem to give a fuck about the people and kids educations"

"Not wishing to be too political, but thai workers could one in a while flex their muscles and get down to serious street expressions instead of being led by the nose thru all kind of economic experiments."

"The monies we spend to kill each other and build huge military might, would, if spent on the right things, see this world a virtual paradise in a couple centuries time."

All these citations are from the thread "thais and math". While there are IMHO a lot of political comments, the thread didn't turn out to be a flame war, did it?

Now to prevent flame wars, wouldn't it be enough to forbid (political) comments about the USA?!?

Best regards

Just when does history end and politics start? Obviously it's prior to june 6th 1944 but how far back are we talking about?? Can we talk about what Rama Vth did or what the Brits and Frogs got up to in the area 100 years ago? I don't think people would leave the board if there were strong political arguments going on-they would just ignore them if they were not interested, just as I ignore the sports section cos no interest in that-peter

Looky here thai3 ya'all know the difference...ya'll want to talk about Napolean or Rama IV, or WW2, go ahead...soon as I see a refernce to the current political state of World Affairs Im gonna say fini...then whilst I am sleepin you can send a PM to KS or me or Phil asking why..

And the only reason I havent deleleted this thread is becasue our fearless leader, KS is involved.

"do you get off on this sort of power"

Dude, you really dont know me very well do ya....

Err...can I butt in here guys?

Any chance of moderation from anybody who actually knows about domestic and international politics and then they being the arbiter of so-called 'political' discussion?

We get Jerry Springer and Rikki Lake on the TV over here y'know? We love the freaks but we would hate them to have any power.

Tell me 'finis' and I know you've lost the thread, the plot and the argument. I also find it patronising in the extreme.

I agree that discussions of the current world political situation are inappropriate for this forum. There are certain posters that just can't seem to refrain from making malicious or snide Anti-American comments and continuously hijack threads into political rants. The worst ones are the ones that then deny they are doing it.

As I have said before, I won't start it, but if the thread is not closed, I will respond.

My suggestion is the above people go to the Bearpit forum and join the fun. But you had better be prepared to take as much as you give.

TH

Hi,

What is your problem? Are you deliberately trying to provoke me?

It doesn't take a genius to figure out what is and what is not okay here and seeing that you have been on this board for over 2 years I would expect you to know this by now.

Sanuk!

What is your problem? Are you deliberately trying to provoke me?

It doesn't take a genius to figure out what is and what is not okay here

Of course you are right, it is easy to know what isn't allowed here. But I don't see the reason why to hide it under the label "political".

Best regards

P.S.1: You shouldn't be provoked....

P.S.2: Ok, I will stop now.

Archived