You don't lose your girl.............

Ranger

There are no referees so we have to self regulate. Failure to follow the above basic procedures could lead to anarchy in the gogos, depression and suicide

Hi Mailuk,

Depression and suicide? Over being "out-bar fined"?

That's a pretty big statement - and a pretty messed-up punter!

Fly P.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MaiLuk said:

>>I still think it was poor Punter ettiquite (or is there such a thing?). <<

If he told mamasan while she was still on stage that he will bf her, no etiquette violation. Once she sat next to you, the punter (who did not even know your girl) should have exercised self control and waited for a chance to to run up to her with his tail wagging and say "I bf you?". If you decided in the interim to BF her then Mr Punter should graciously bow out of the intense competition for your lady and be a good sport.

There are no referees so we have to self regulate. Failure to follow the above basic procedures could lead to anarchy in the gogos, depression and suicide

Ranger,

Overall I'd have to agree with Mailuk, punters ought to at least be gentleman out there in the game. This past trip I had a reverse situation happen, twice. In Sharks one night I had already paid the bar fine for this girl (2nd time I was with her), when one of her regular customers arrived - just as we were leaving. She said hello to him and explained to the guy she was bar fined and off we went (I could see her customer was sad though). In the cab on the way to the hotel she explained that he just flew into LOS. If I fully realized the situation at the time I would have told her to go with her customer, and would have made them both happy - not because I had to but because its the gentlemanly thing to do...

Only a couple days later in Black and White had a similar thing, sat with a new girl (new to me) I really wanted, before I even had a chance to buy her a drink her regular customer walked in and she was excited to see him but didn't budge from side, instead she looked at the mamasam nearby, who looked at me, and I motioned please go ahead and she hugged me and ran to her customer.

Anyway that's the way I wish all punters would play it, I still feel bad about the newly arrived guy in Sharks though...

Agree with Bibblies. there is no etiquette anywhere as to who goes with who in the pick up scene, bar scene or disco back home, as long as the lady is not your date. Ranger, you old timer, you just forgot for a while that everybody there is working, mamassan, girl, and us guys are just passing.

The only etiquette is to swallow one's pride (which should not be drawn out in a LOS nightlife context, frankly) and wish the both of them an agreable time, in all its meanings.

In a business sense, I think it is really the fault of the mamasan. To avoid a pissed off customer, If a BG is talking to one punter, he may or may not be be interrested in BFing her. But he maybe ready to BF, but is still enjoying talking. When an other punter makes a "cold" BF offer, the Mamasan should have walked over and said the BG had an offer, did the punter she is talking too want to BF? This puts the decision right on the punter. If he isn't sure, she goes with the other guy. So the bar and girl still win. But it still is, IMO, sleazy to BF a girl away from a guy she is talking to. But I have been in the spot of being the guy a BG comes over to, leaving a guy she was talking to, for me to BF her. She knew I was leaving the next day and told him "I go him tonight, you tomorrow, ok?"I did buy the guy a beer, to avoid any possible international incident.

Yes I'm with Poskat on this.

>When an other punter makes a "cold" BF offer, the Mamasan should have walked over and said the BG had an offer, did the punter she is talking too want to BF? This puts the decision right on the punter. <

I would have been pretty pissed off, especially if she was cute. Although, if he was a regular Bf or so, i would have happily let her go, just a question of the girl being clear about it.

"your place in the queue"

Jacques Brel did a nice song about this, "au prochain" about a woman working in a military field brothel.

Jacques Brel did a nice song about this, "au prochain" about a woman working in a military field brothel

--------------------------

Not exactly. The song is about a guy who goes thru the physical examination after being drafted, and as he queues up naked, with the other guys, all he can hear is the physical examiner saying "next one.....next one....", so that the deshumanization is such that even with the women he meets later in his life, he just feels all they mean when he is in their arms is a bored "next one....next one...". The song is called "au suivant", not "au prochain".

Archived