You don't lose your girl.............

Ranger

Just your place in the queue!!!

Had a girl barfined right out from under my nose while I was sitting with her, buying a drink and doing the "interview" (she passed BTW and I was about ready to spring for the barfine). This happened to me once before several years ago and it pissed me off then and it pissed me off now.

I noticed the other guy was vying for her attention shile she was dancing, but she came and sat with me instead. I guess he got impatient and called over the mamasan and barfined her.

I ended up seeing the girl (major stunner :)) a couple of days later and confirmed with her what had happened that night. She'd never seen the guy before, but she likes to "keep mamasan happy", so didn't object. Had a reasonably good time with her and I guess it didn't kill me to lose my place in line, but I still think it was poor Punter ettiquite (or is there such a thing?).

You snooze, you lose? All's fair in war and go-go bars? OK if she's one of your regulars?

Ranger

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If she was my regular, the mamasan would NEVER call her over to another customer. :beer:

What about the reverse? Your regular is with a customer when you walk into the bar. She leaves the customer to come sit with you. How does that relate to punter ethics? ::

guess it didn't kill me to lose my place in line, but I still think it was poor Punter ettiquite
It is not always clear why a girl leaves a customer. It may appear that the guy is simply not interested in the girl.

Making matters more complicated, the girl cannot always be counted on to provide an honest answer.

That's pretty shabby both on the side of the establishment and the punter. Unless he explained that he had an urgent flight to leave that night or was terminally ill and wouldn't last more than a few hours why didn't he wait for another night? And the management should have consulted the girl first as you may have already concluded your bargain.

Still, takes all sorts.

I think it's poor punter etiquitte, because I wouldn't dream of barfining a girl without speaking with her first, particularly if she chose to sit with another guy. I'd be frustrated, but I wouldn't complain, because the decision ultimately rests with the girl (or at least it should). In this case, she either went for the sure thing, or really was insecure about her position with the mamasan.

If he were her regular 'automatic barfine', I suppose I wouldn't be too upset. I expect my 'girlfriend' to make her way over to me, within a reasonable amount of time, when I walk into her bar. I'd have no right to bitch if the shoe were on the other foot.

Queue cutting is a despicable practice, but I guess the question remains, does the queue begin next to the girl or at the cashier? :hubba: ;)

>>I still think it was poor Punter ettiquite (or is there such a thing?). <<

If he told mamasan while she was still on stage that he will bf her, no etiquette violation. Once she sat next to you, the punter (who did not even know your girl) should have exercised self control and waited for a chance to to run up to her with his tail wagging and say "I bf you?". If you decided in the interim to BF her then Mr Punter should graciously bow out of the intense competition for your lady and be a good sport.

There are no referees so we have to self regulate. Failure to follow the above basic procedures could lead to anarchy in the gogos, depression and suicide

I have upon occassion just walked in to a bar, pulled a girl, and been off, no drinks, no chit chat nothing, just heres the BF lets get going...crude I admit, but I have done it. I would not however interfere if another guy was chatting a girl up...have seen nasty fights over this, and did have a guy move in on me in Pattaya last Christmas...was pissed mak tee soot! Thus could not deliberately do it to a brother punter...

Archived