tourist visa to USA

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sombat.. Congrats to the both of you. You are very lucky. My GF just got her visa a couple of weeks ago and she was very surprised she received it. I told her with her education , job, and family ties, she wouldn't have any problems. She got a multi-entry 10 year visa. Now if she applies for the K-1, she shouldn't have any problems at all. I'm not sure if any fool has been approved for 2 fiance visas, but I'm going to give it a try in a year or so. Sure wish I had met her before getting involved with "the bargirl" severaL years ago. Worlds of difference...

quote:

Originally posted by CondomKing:

Sombat / Thaihome -- I took a look at the entry stamp in my passport for my "O" visa (Thai wife) and it was issued for 90 days. When the 90 days expires an extension of a year can be applied for.

[/url]

Which is what I said, you can stay for a year (or more) without leaving country to get new entry stamp. The question was would he have to leave to get new entry stamp even if he had 1 year type "O" visa. This can get confusing, since even if you have a 1 year type "B" visa, if you don't have a work permit, you have to leave and come back every 90 days.

Just to add to the discussion....My TGF got a ten year Visa on her first try. Had good qualifications though. Owns a small condo, 5 years in the same job, 30 years old. She's here right now. Got a ticket with a 6 week return date. They gave her 6 months to stay when she entered in Minneapolis/ St. Paul. smile.gif" border="0

Amazing, my thai gf who has a long time job, car, house (not yet in her name however), two kids from previous marriage and some money was denied her tourist visa to visit. We will try again soon, showing ownership of her house, plus some letters from me and others in my company to attest to her trustworthiness.

Wonderful US Embassy.

quote:

Originally posted by Sombat:

My Thai girlfriend was granted a three month tourist visa to the USA. Not much in the bank, doesn't own property, does have a two year employment record with the same firm.

Embassy apparently wants to know if the American sponsor has roots here in LOS as well. I was amazed but it can be done. She did it.

Cheers!

Hi All,

Just to add to the mystery, my long time gf was just rejected for a tourist VISA to the USA today. She is a manager at a large company, owns 3 homes, and has money in the bank. Reason given was that she had only been at her most recent job for 2 years - not enough.

She is devastated, to say the least, and our Christmas plans are off.

Wonder if the 11 SEPT events played a part here....?

Question for those in the know: Does a rejected tourist VISA hurt one's chances of getting a K-1 fiance VISA?? Best to appply right away or wait?

Ah, and we all complain about Thai authorities...

froggo

quote:

Originally posted by frogpatrol:

Hi All,

Just to add to the mystery, my long time gf was just rejected for a tourist VISA to the USA today. She is a manager at a large company, owns 3 homes, and has money in the bank. Reason given was that she had only been at her most recent job for 2 years - not enough.

She is devastated, to say the least, and our Christmas plans are off.

Wonder if the 11 SEPT events played a part here....?

Question for those in the know: Does a rejected tourist VISA hurt one's chances of getting a K-1 fiance VISA?? Best to appply right away or wait?

Ah, and we all complain about Thai authorities...

froggo

Meanwhile, how many terrorists were granted legal visas today in Saudi Arabia? An MSNBC article today stated that only 3 percent of visa applications from there are rejected.

This is disgraceful!

Archived