Short man syndrome

gobbledonk

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

my 178 cm and 115 kg guarantee that I never (?) will be in trouble. OK, it happened twice - in Papeete with 2 frenchies (but they run away too quickly) and in Helsinki. I never had the chance to use my blue belt in judo! :devil:

elef

"Sounds like you are calling him out to me."

Sounds like that to me too, hey Jay you gonna fuck him up for that?

Haha just joking.

Oneye

The only time I need to assess someones physical stature is if there is a possibility for a violent encounter. Then you have to figure out if you can successfully thrash a guy or not.

Hmm, in most cases it is more important to figure out the character of the opponent. The one who is more rude usually wins... (as long as it isn't a fight for life).

Best regards

naiv said:

The only time I need to assess someones physical stature is if there is a possibility for a violent encounter. Then you have to figure out if you can successfully thrash a guy or not.

Hmm, in most cases it is more important to figure out the character of the opponent. The one who is more rude usually wins... (as long as it isn't a fight for life).

Best regards

I don't know where u grew up but where I am from it was usually the obnoxious shit talkers that got their faces smashed in by the silent types and in some cases taking a dirt nap.

I follow the same credo. I don't start shit but if you bring it to me, I will end it quickly.

I am short but never had the 'napolean' complex. Usually the 'nice' guy in the JJsushi groupings.

Speaking of the sh*t talkers. Typically if you were the new kid in school, you'd get picked on. The best thing to do was whoever did the most talking in the group you punched him out first. More times than not, he's the worst fighter and you get the respect of the other kids.

I was a smart-ass to a certain extent but I only joked with people I knew. ::

The most dangerous people I know are those with nothing to lose.

I have a friend in Boston who is a Vietnam vet and on SSI disability for manic-depression. Nicest guy in the world. IQ in the 180 range but with his disease he has never been able to put it to use. Navy Corpsman used to go in-country with the Marines, did 4 months with graves registration (tag 'em and bag 'em), three years of pre-med on the G.I. bill, professional chef before alcohol took over.

Now he is living at the whim of the state, with most of his life behind him. He has few possessions, no wife or girlfriend, no kids. He would give you shirt off of his back in a heart beat. Even though he has almost nothing would not hesitate to give what little he has to help a friend.

On the other hand he is exceptionally skilled with knives. Turned a Gerber utility knife of mine into a razor sharp weapon capable of slicing through the heaviest leather jacket and right to the bone. I have no doubt whatsoever that if his friends or family were ever threatened that he would not hesitate to slice open the offender's carotid or femoral artery. No hesitation, no remorse, nothing to lose.

That is a truly dangerous man. Oh, and BTW he's only about 5'6".

Glad he's my friend.

it was usually the obnoxious shit talkers that got their faces smashed in by the silent types

I don't say that the silent types couldn't beat the shit talkers.

But they fear to hurt someone (no shit is worth to hurt someone, IMO) and they just don't become angry enough to fight (at least as long as you don't hurt them badly).

So to say it in other words: The one who doesn't fear to hurt the opponent usually wins.

Best regards

P.S.: By the way, I don't think that you belong to the "real" silent types.

Guest lazyphil

The most crazy, hardman I know (I mentioned before) has no kung fu or military history, not from the mean streets of London or Liverpool etc there is no reason why he is as he is (that I know of) but he will wade in with anyone anytime (plenty of testomonys)but has not shortman syndrome, 6 foot and about 15 stone, so nothing so big, but he feels no pain or feelings for people and I dont think he uses weapons, only his fists!

Archived