Short man syndrome

gobbledonk

Yeah one of my former dive students was just this type. Felt no pain at all and always ready to step into a fight. Generally a very nice guy until the booze starts flowing.

My Boston buddy is far more dangerous though as he will never fight. He doesn't play as to him it's a stupid game. The difference is that he wouldn't hesitate to kill if he, a friend, or a family member were threatened. My dive student would be on the ground with his entire blood supply shooting out of his femoral artery if he tried his "feel no pain" shit on this guy.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

Not doubting this guy Brink...he sounds dangerous. This guy I know doesn't give a monkeys about his family (just himself, selfish), or anyone....not big on the booze either. He took on the gypsies in the hold up I talked about, no need to, for fun ::

Hi Phil.

I suspect that everyone knows of a 'quiet' type who has a reputation for being a thrashing machine when provoked - Christ knows, I've worked with a few schizo nutters who would fall into this category.

Bruce Lee once said that he thought the most difficult opponent would be a large, strong guy who had absolutely no 'style' : just someone with a high pain tolerance who was willing to wade in with no fear for their own safety. I dont personally wish to be confronted by such a character, but I know that his strategy comes horribly unstuck wherever alcohol is involved. Its amazing our ineffective the headbutt becomes when its applied to an oncoming fist ::

Anyway, we can compare war stories for eternity, but I'd better get back to my original post. I *think* the consensus seems to be that its not the size of the man, its the attitude that counts, and that many shorter people have a history of being bullied, hence their aggressive 'first strike' tendencies. I'll try to bear that in mind the next time I'm copping attitude from someone who doesnt quite measure up to my Herculean frame, which pretty much includes most board members ::

PS Pistols at dawn or shivs at sunset ? I really dont have any honour to lose, but I'm happy to send a delegate to meet any of my cyberspace detractors :)

I have trouble deciding what is short and what is tall.. I am 6ft 1 and about 20 years ago most people would have considered that tall. But for some strange reason I feel like a midget amongst 18 - 20 years olds.

Are people generally getting taller.?

Archived