PP or Vientiane

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, it does. I know.... no fee too, if you have a dble room already, the best at 15, with Balcony. Their # is 856-21 222229 or216 571

The card i have is confusing, as both the hotels and restaurant seem to have different addresses, but this place could not be more central, a 100 yards from the big 5 star hotel of Vientiane (with disco).

I prefer Phnom Penh. I liked it so much the first time I went there in 1998 that I stayed for over a year. The place has extarordinarily surreal and sinister undercurrents. Compared with Vientiane, the Mekong is somehow more beautiful in Phnom Penh (where it meets two other rivers), the politics are more intriguingly dynamic, the bars are better, and furthermore, beautiful Vietnamese girls are in greater abundance. julianparsons@hotmail.com

quote:

Originally posted by pattaya127:

just checked:

BKK-UDON fare is 2790 OW, 5780 RT.

Well, I don't know who quoted you that price, but I just returned from Udon yesterday, and paid 3,780 baht for my return ticket BKK-Udon. (used to be 3,030 baht before!!)

Thai Airways flys from Vientiane to BKK. It is $95/person. It is cheaper to buy the ticket in Lao. Their daily flight leaves in mid-late morning.

Costing $80/person, The Lao Aviation daily flight to BKK departs at 4:15pm. This was the

more convenient departure time, since I wanted to leave on the day I got my visa ... got out of visa office by 1:30pm. ... plenty of time for lunch before the airport.

[ November 23, 2001: Message edited by: New Petchburi Pete ]

[ November 23, 2001: Message edited by: New Petchburi Pete ]

Archived