Baby sitting / Nanny Service

I need a nanny to look after a baby 3 hours per day, 5 times a week, Ekkamai area.

Ideally, a nurse or a retired nurse.

I looked around but search results give baby sitting services only within BKK hotels.

Is there an agency in BKK that specializes in that kind of service?

If someone has BKK Post within a reach, there might be something in Classifieds.

I thought of that. Just wanted to know if there is a guild of registered nurses or child care professionals to check how they do it.

A nurse from the nearby hospital would be good, it may suit them too to get some extra baht after their regular work. It's 6pm - 9pm Mon-Fri.

If it comes to non-professionals we can keep on using family.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Edit:

Remembered Bambi banner in this forum, found their site where maids and nanny jobs are advertised.

http://www.bambi-bangkok.org/ads/jobspage.htm

Now, how much are they paid and what's for 3hrs per day with no cooking nor cleaning?

If McDonalds pays 18-22B per hour, subway labourer gets 160B per day, what would the expected/common compensation here be?

Dunno, but we pay our maid B4K/month. It comes out to ~B21/hour. She does not live in, but does take the nieces to school in the morning. She works from 0600-1400 Monday-Saturday. She only cleans house & laundry, no cooking (well, rarely she does).

I understand that nurses can be hired for ~B10K/month. That would be ~53/hr for a six day work week.

Hope that helps.

suadum said:

I understand that nurses can be hired for ~B10K/month. That would be ~53/hr for a six day work week.

Hope that helps.

Yes, it does help. So, if a nurse would want to do moonlighting after work, 3200-3500B per month for 60 hours would be close to fair.

There is a large hospital nearby, many of them must actually walk past our place to get in/out of work. No extra transportation time.

Now another thing:

Would there be a problem to get a nurse to work for an Isaan-ish looking woman and her leuk kreung?

No duties other than suprvising a small baby. The baby will have been bathed, changed, fed and asleep just before she arrives.

Now another thing:

Would there be a problem to get a nurse to work for an Isaan-ish looking woman and her leuk kreung?

No duties other than suprvising a small baby. The baby will have been bathed, changed, fed and asleep just before she arrives

So, even I could do this then ????

BB

never to old to babysit

BelgianBoy said:

Now another thing:

No duties other than suprvising a small baby. The baby will have been bathed, changed, fed and asleep just before she arrives

So, even I could do this then ????

BB

never to old to babysit

BBoy, you know what I mean.

Further, as a companion, I had been to that hospital many times before.

Most of the nurses where white Thai, nose-up ladies, in charge and loving it. Still, they had never shown a glimpse of disrespect towards my gf.

Anyway, I think they might be considering more than convenient working terms.

Hope I am wrong.

Archived