Premiership 2005

greg

Well with Euro 2004 over we can now start to look forward to the new season.

I see hte new Spurs manager has started the mind games by tryinng to cause unrest in the Aresenal camp with stories of Pires and Henry having a big bust up.

So what are your thought and predictions for the new season.

Would like to see Liverpool win the title (fat chance) but as long as Man Yoo and Chelsea win fuck all again i'll be happy.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Would like to see Liverpool win the title (fat chance) but as long as Man Yoo and Chelsea win fuck all again i'll be happy'

i seem to remember a glorious day in May when a certain Team beat the upstarts from Div 1 in Cardiff...... :grinyes::bow::applause::beer:

i will obviously go for MU and they will be looking for revenge after their dismal finishing place last Season.

they have bought players in defence and attack and i look forward to seeing them perform.

a bit quiet in the transfer market by the big clubs at the moment,but who knows what will happen in the next Month?.

can Arsenal do something that only one other Team has done?.

MU are the only Team to win the PL in successive Seasons.

can MU or any otherTeam prevent Arsenal joining the Club?.

we shall see.

And if not the Reds then you won't mind Arsenal repeating then? lol. The 'smart' money is saying Arsenal and Chelsea wil vie for the title again. As much as I hate Man Utd I suspect they will be in the running. I hope not. I pray they aren't but you never know. Half way through the season last time they had a sh*t load of points and weren't playing particularly well. Now they are very motivated.

As usual the top clubs will all take points off each other, and its who ever gives up the most points to the mid and lower table sides will lose out to the title. Bolton, Charlton, Fulham, Brum and those mid table clubs are strengthening their sides so it will be even harder to take 3 points at those pitches this season.

I think we'll do it, but it will be close. It may come down to the Chelsea/Arsenal game which is the 2nd to last game of the season. I think we'll be semi finalists in Europe this season. I think Chelsea will win the FA cup (over Liverpool probably) since they have the quality bench to rest starters with quality substitutes and bring on the starters in later rounds or against quality sides.

I'm an Aston Villa fan :) But chances of them winning the title aren't exactly what we call high.

So this year I hope Man U (again) will get the title...if not then Liverpool...if not then Chelsea...if not then Newcastle...if not then any other but Arsenal :)

Opps! Sorry Sayjaan. I forgot about that glourious victory in May. Against err..... Milwall thats it.

It's been a quiet pre-season transfer wise.

I don't think Chelsea will win it. They are starting again with a new manager. I think they would of hads a better chance THIS Season keeping Ranieri.

So that leaves Arse and Man Yoo.

Mmm I would Go for Man U. Dont know if Arsenal can keep going with no significant signings, especialy in defence.

Did anyone see Fooball Focus. Paul Masefield was trying to build up the return of Ferdinand against Liverpool. (his 1st game back)

He clains Arsenal won the title last year because of Ferdinand's ban. Apparantly it had nothing to do with Arsenal's breathtaking football or going through the league season unbeaten.

Zaad, why do you hate Arsenal so much? haha...

I think it would have been easier for us to win back to back titles last season but injuries and suspensions (not bottle as the media would have you believe) did us in.

This season will be extremely hard. People said we didn't strengthen our club last season as well. There is very little that needs strengthening at Arsenal. If rumors are correct, then we'll get Trablisi, the Tunisian right back. That would be huge. We'd have the best back 4 in England and possibly in Europe (would make George Graham proud). Wenger wants a right sided attack (Trablisi-Ljundberg)to go with the left sided attack (Cole-Pires-Henry). I expect Reyes to get progressively better. I think he and Henry will be a handful.

Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd are in tour in the U.S. in a few weeks and I can't wait to see it. It will give me an early clue.

I am not buying that Mourinho won't be able to win the title. He is making changes but the core of the team is there and if he's within 5 points after 19 games (hell, he may be leading), he'd have had the league sorted out by that time. Raneiri was very close to us last season. They seemed to put everything in the CL and gave up on the league as early as March.

Man Utd's problem will be in the middle of the park. Keane is not near the force he once was and can't give you 90 minutes or 38 games any longer. Djemba or Kleberson has to come good because Neville isn't the answer either. Giggs is injury prone so a back up left winger is needed. Striker they are strong as long as RVN stays healthy. I think Ronaldo will have a breakout year and compete for young player of the year with Reyes or Toure`.

i think you are wrong Steve.

MU have finally strengthed the forward line.

Saha,Smith,Ole(not the player he was,but still a player who can turn a game).

plus the new fella whose name escapes me at the moment and i couldn't be bothered to look at the website.

but he is young and one for the future.

Ronaldo could at a pinch play at Centre Forward like Giggs occasionally does,but i'm not sure about this ploy.

finally MU have options upfront for the 1st time in 2-3 Years.

Djemba Djemba is injured again and likely to miss the start of the season,but is that a bad thing?.

disappointing last Season when he got his chance,but like Kleberson was not picked much.

hopefully after a Year in the UK they will be more settled and show their true colours.

hopefully MU with be better in defence when Rio is back and the capture of Heinze might make a difference.

saw a bit of him last Season and i liked what i saw.

the only trouble with the defence is that many of the Players can play across the back 4 and fill in when injuries occur.

i would prefer a Player to play each game in the same position.

O'Shea can play in any defensive position but this can cause problems.

you don't see Campbell playing Left or Right back.

Arsenal are still the Team to beat after last Season and i still think that Chelsea will not do anything.

they had a good last Season but still won nothing.

Arse and MU will contend the top 2 spots again methinks.

gonna have a go at the PL Table Competition Steve?

i hope so,look forward to seeing your name up there.

The forward line is stronger, like ours but you lose a whole lot without RVN. No way any one on the club replaces his not being there, same with us and Henry. Saha, Smith, don't have the quality that RVN has.

I don't want us to be the team to beat but its something we have to face. I think we play better when we are chasing and not being chased but I guess if you wish to remain champions that is the position you have to get used to.

I wonder if O'Liar...I mean O'Leary :: will continue the miracle he's doing at Villa and keep Zaad happy? Every season there is always one club that shocks everyone. 2 years ago it was Everton, last season it was Charlton and Villa (Fulham till they sold Saha).

This season it could 'Boro. With Viduka (if they can keep him away from the pies) and a couple incoming players they have coming in, they could challenge seriously for a UEFA cup spot.

If we get Trablisi I think we'll challenge far into the CL competion. It will be interesting to see how MUFC responds.

Newcastle seem to be going sideways. LFC are on the verge of leaving them out of the CL. Not sure of the Toon financial situation but they should have found a replacement for Shearer. Rooney or Kleivert or someone. They need a support striker this year and a lead striker after Shearer is gone.

Archived