Premiership 2005

greg

Zaad, why do you hate Arsenal so much? haha...

No, I don't hate them..just hate to see a successive champion anywhere if it's not 'my' team. :)

Nothing against them, they're a fine squad are deserved champions and I like to see them play. Hope to see a stronger Liverpool and Man U this year to compete with Arsenal and Chelsea.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's a good shout about Ronaldo. He improved towards the end of the season and had a goos Euro 2004.

I'm still waiting for the press release that Aimar and Ayala are moving to Liverpool.

I think Aresenal need another stricker. Wiltord hsa left and Begkamp is a year older. If Henry has a dip in form like RVN had last year or gets injured the might well struggle. And Reyes is still to make an impact.

Really looking forward to seing Mourinho in actoin. The new Brian Clough??

greg said:

Really looking forward to seing Mourinho in actoin. The new Brian Clough??

He's certainly making a lot of statements like Cloughie did at Forest. I be the back pages of the national papers are licking their chops for the quotes they'll get.

I said last summer he'll likely end up at Man Utd if Everton don't improve. Personally, he admires RVN and wishes to partner with him. The pub I go to is owned by scousers, one a Toffee and his relative plays for Everton reserves and is a childhood friend of Rooney's. Yeah, its one of those my neighbor's cousin's friend of a friend story, but I believe it. Plus he doesn't get along with Moyes. I hope he doesn't end up at OT but if he does I hope they pay out the nose. I still maintain Man Uts' problem is in the middle of the park and finding a long term solution to Keane and Giggs. Especially in central midfield.

This year promises to be the most contested. The first half of last season had the makings of a down to the wire season as well. As always, it will be the club that takes the most points from the non CL clubs that will do the best. The top 4 or 5 clubs will all take points off each other and even themselves out.

"I still maintain Man Uts' problem is in the middle of the park and finding a long term solution to Keane and Giggs. Especially in central midfield. "

I agree with that, which is why I think they'll end up 3rd (again) behind Arsenal and Chelsea who will fight a personal battle for the title.

I really think Bayern Munich's Ballack is the player they need and should've offered/paid ANY price for him. This player is one of the few who can complete Man U's team and with him they'd be serious contenders for the title IMHO.

Damn...I wish I had money to buy a club and players :)

Zaad, I really hope you're right and they end up 3rd (or worse :D ). Ballack would be ideal. Perhaps even Davids before he went to Inter recently.

Gerrard would have been ideal. I actually like Djemba Djemba but I think he lacked a run of games prove himself. Its been said and its a fairly accurate assesment that foreigners need a year to settle in the PL.

I'm very curious about Liverpool. If Benitez keeps it fairly close he could nick whoever is 3rd. Hell, he may even be in the top 3 himself. I think he'll only need half a season to get the gist of what's going on. Tottenham will blow up in Santini's face. He's a joke.

Archived