poipet

Does poipet offer a 30 day thai visa upon arrival? For a visa run, is it as simple as getting on a bus, getting a visa on arrival to cambodia, then turning around and getting a visa on arrival to thailand? Thanks.

Yes, I believe it is just that simple. There were a few posts on this awhile back, quite a few in fact. Including some guys who were chartering a van for the trip, cheaper and more comfortable than a cab, and more expensive then the bus, but the van will stop where ever you want for a rest. I think it is 4 hours one way. I refered a few guys to a van connection, I think one guy hooked up with it. Drop me a private msg. and I'll fill you in.

Yes.

Only that you must take a Songthaew in Aran to the border (5B) and back to town. The bus from Bkk does not go to the border. Tuktuks to/from the border are about 40B.

BTW I prefer the train to Aran.

At the border there is a very big and very cheap market for about everything. This is where all the goodies are sold that come to Cambo as foreign aid, especially used clothes. Cambodians don't like used clothes. They are sold in Aran and shipped to Chatuchak.

Archived