Beer Garden soi 7 update..

keith doug

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>Personally, I never saw the appeal of this place. ...

>The place is hot, dirty, and full of nothing-special women. And on top of that, the odd stunner can be vile.

I actually had the same opinion for the last few years, but I kept visiting - partly due to the 'rave reviews' on the board. I did not really understand what the fuss was all about, but I could not help that it was simply too convenient a stopover if you wanted to start drinking very early in a location that was not completely deserted. The place has just somehow grown on me, or maybe rather I have over time gradually descended to the same level as the other inhabitants.

Admittedly it is hot but I like some heat on my bones. I doubt that it is much dirtier than many go-gos or Thai-oriented locales. Maybe the women are nothing special, but the customers are almost never very handsome young hunks, which is a definite improvement over go-gos. In the beer garden many of us less well-endowed ones have a chance to chat with the available number of decent-looking women even if we are not in the mood for paying a barfine in five minutes or shelling out baht for ladydrinks every five minutes.

Mind you, I would not want to spend there all day like many of the women seem to be forced to do...

Wagner

Hi Wagner,

Points taken. To each his own, I suppose ::

When I first used to go to Bangkok, I tended to frequent a small number of places, I thought they were all good. For example, I would always go to the same bar on Soi33 for a happy hour drink. Then boredom set in, and I started to be more adventurous, and hunted down/found many more places (to continue with my example, i found that the Office on Soi33 was a better happy-hour proposition). My point is that not that Soi7 beergarden is bad (although admittedly not to my taste) but that ...... its a big city

wsvinja said:The place has just somehow grown on me, or maybe rather I have over time gradually descended to the same level as the other inhabitants...

Well put, Wagner sir, very well put indeed. :bow: I know the feeling. :doah:

Another thing in S7 Beergarden's favour: in terms of people-watching, the crooks and curiosities, drunks and would-be divas, at least during the day, you'd be hard pushed to find a more stimulating venue in BKK? :p

jack :help:

Concur. Haven't spent much time in BG7 during my last several visits, but used to snatch ladies out of there regularly including some very good lookers and one drop-dead stunner. Mostly the place is an afternoon watering hole full of short-time freelancers looking to make a quick buck and yes, it can get hot as hell in there.

Have noticed over the last 2-3 years the quality of the girls seems to have gone down and prices have gone up. The last time I encountered a stunner there I asked her what she wanted for ST and damn near fell off my barstool with her reply. What was even more shocking was I suspect she was used to getting the obscene amount she was asking. No thanks, time to move on.

ST

Archived