US tourist found dead

chuckwoww

O.K. Nabobs. Look how many poor guys really take all this "I lub no shite" with something other than a grain of salt.

I had miss pleasure of steeping of the Sky Train at Siam and seeing a crowd looking over a rail. Right on the street next to the new construction on the north east side of Siam was a body of a Falang Jumper....You could see the blood etc as the "Body Snatchers" had yet to arriver for collection.

And about the OD in Pattaya, the death in Chiang Mai. I wonder if there are a larger than home stat number of self offings. I was having a beer a couple of weeks ago at Day to Night with a bloke whom was looking to go to Phuket as he know of a boat that would get him to Viet Nam because he was 8 months over his 30 day tourist visa. He seemed a bit nutso as he admitted to haveing engaged in the love of his life untill he ran out of money that is>

Sure som Falang get offed but I really think that LOS is more popular thast the Golden Gate Bridge!

From the Phuket Gazette, a bit more info !!

American found dead in Patong hotel

PATONG: Police are investigating the death of 43-year-old American Chris John Beyer, who was found dead at the Expat Hotel on Thursday with his hands bound and a black garbage bag over his head.

Housekeepers discovered the body about two days after noting a rank odor in room 120, where Mr Beyer had been staying since July 9.

Expat Hotel General Manager Ploenjit James told the Gazette she believed Mr Beyer had taken his own life.

?When he checked in, he put up the ?Do Not Disturb? sign and even put his chair and table outside the door of his room [to block people from trying to come in]. He really wanted to be left alone.?

?On Sunday he ate in the coffee shop. He looked sad and he bought a bottle of vodka. The next day, he went out to buy cigarettes from the hotel. Then he complained to the receptionist about the housekeeping staff coming into his room to clean. So we stopped cleaning it.

Then, on Thursday, when the room hadn?t been cleaned for about three days, the chambemaids noticed a smell coming from inside. They opened the door and found the dead man.?

The corpse was found lying face-up dressed only in a pair of purple shorts. One arm was handcuffed to the bed and the other was tied with power cable to a table. There was a black plastic bag over his head and three lengths of rubber tubing around his neck to prevent air from entering the bag.

According to the hotel, nobody had visited the Mr Beyer during his stay.

?At the reception desk, we always check people entering rooms with our guests,? Mrs James explained. ?Nobody stayed with him. If they had, there would be a record of it. Our policy is to hold the passport or ID card of anyone who comes to stay with a guest.

?We believe that he killed himself. He always wanted to stay alone. A letter that was found in the room may explain his reasons for wanting to end his life,? she said.

Kathu Police Inspector Pol Lt Padungpong Duksukaew said Mr Beyer had probably died at least two days before his body was discovered.

?We found a letter near the door [apparently written by the deceased] that described his misfortune at having been cheated by friends and having his business fail. It was probably suicide, though we are not ruling out the possibility of murder,? said Lt Padungpong.

Pol Col Chalit Thinthanee, Superintendent of Kathu Police, agreed that it was likely a suicide, given the absence of any signs of foul play.

?We had officers recreate the way the suicide [appears to have been] carried it out, and it is plausible. This method would have given him no way out if he changed his mind.

?The possibility of murder is still there, however, so we are sending the body to the Institute of Forensic Medecine in Bangkok for an autopsy to confirm the exact cause of death,? he said.

"At the reception desk, we always check people entering rooms with our guests,? Mrs James explained. ?Nobody stayed with him. If they had, there would be a record of it. Our policy is to hold the passport or ID card of anyone who comes to stay with a guest"

my perception of the Expat was that it was so guest friendly that no checks were made on guests visiting.

just walk in and straight to the room with no ID check etc.

used it once as a ST place(Girl insisted)and all i done was pay for the room for a couple of Hours.

the Girl stood in the background and was not spoken to by any staff.

but the system may be different if you are staying there?.

i'm sure somebody can put the record straight?.

In the first article the paper got their story from the lieutenant:

His body was in bed with one hand tied to the headboard, the other handcuffed to a chair. An oil-soaked cloth covered his face. His room was ransacked.

From the second story:

The corpse was found lying face-up dressed only in a pair of purple shorts. One arm was handcuffed to the bed and the other was tied with power cable to a table. There was a black plastic bag over his head and three lengths of rubber tubing around his neck to prevent air from entering the bag.

Hmmm... Suppose suicide is possible with his one free hand, the other presumably already tied with a cable. Tho it must have been a little bit of work. He managed to use his one free hand to put the BLACK bag on, then while unable to see (and breathe?) with one hand the THREE lengths of tubing, then handcuff that same hand to the bed (or to a chair in the first story; the oily rag over his face and ransacked room from the first story were also left out of the second).

If he "failed" in business with the wrong people, sounds like a motive for murder. The hotel manager said "We believe that he killed himself. He always wanted to stay alone." Yeah, that explains it Those loners are all suicidal.

A good reason for staying alone would be to hide out from people you screwed over, or from people who were not finished screwing you.

All speculation as usual ::

How do you retire there and not worry about things like this? How do you expats cope, especially you that are tied in to lucrative businesses etc.?

Oneye

And you never want to reveal to your Thai wife that you have a healthy life insurance policy. She may be OK with this info but some of her relatives may start getting ideas. I know of one case where a farang was killed by a ten wheeler while riding his motorcycle. The cops were able to locate the driver who turned out to be a relative of the dead farang's wife and they determined that insurance money was the motive. Never heard if the wife was in on it but it sure got me to thinking.

Archived