Bride Search Business

jasmine

This is the summary from an article written in ?Kulsatree? number 801.

The article starts with an older Loatian man residing in Las Vegas Nevada, USA, was looking for a Thai (Isaan) wife for his just divorced son who was married to an American woman. He felt that he must find a wife for his son quickly before he found another American woman whose behavior he detested. The behavior that he could not take was the way his ex-daughter-in-law had no clue in respecting him, passing things over his head, did not know how to bow low when walking pass him (he said that her skirt touched his body a few times), sitting pointing her foot at him and so on.

His specs was ?good obeying woman, can take care of the parents-in-law, knows how to respect the Thai/Loa customs, not very-highly educated, preferably less than 10 years of schooling, never been married, can cook, clean and most of all very obedient, to the father-in-law (that is him).

Since he had relatives in Isaan of Thailand and also he felt that the Isaan people are better with elders so that was where he looked, from village to village. He finally found a good one, a woman in her late 30s, very dark but good daughter to her parents, so the rendezvous with his son and the woman was set.

The son flew to Thailand, he had his own specs, which were, the woman must be light-skinned, younger than him (he was 31) and attractive to him. So he refused the woman his father found, saying that she was ugly and dark and too old. So the search went on and the son found his own woman in Isaan within 10 days, perfect and they got married.

Now the father felt really bad about the first woman who was rejected who felt really awful, however, with his contacts of Loatian/Isaan communities in the USA, he found a man who was willing to take the woman and the story ended happily.

Because of the success in finding women for the men (Loatian an Isaan background) in the USA, he set up a business in finding brides for the Isaan/Loatian men so they have their wives with similar background to take care of them and their parents in some lonely USA towns. According to the article, his business is blooming; he has been traveling to Thailand every 4-5 months to fulfill the orders of brides.

I have known that the USA can be very lonely for some Asian men and many of them prefer woman with similar background. I have seen many Chinese, Thai (Isaan) men looked for women in their mother?s homelands and many of them have very nice, successful families.

Cheers! :D

Hi,

It varies, however, the average time to get visa is about 6-10 months. However, I knew a case which took over a year.

I met a few women who married Asian men including Thais and Loatians and they have pretty straight background, may be that helps.

A Thai lady who works at INS said that she thought it was easier becuase most of these women do not have shady background, there was no ex-BGs in this case.

Jasmine

There have been a couple of serial television documentary series chronicling men and their search for Thai brides. From what I have seen, the vast majority would fit into the "sad old git" persona who have made it thus far in life without a pot to piss in.

Frankly, I felt somewhat embarassed and wondered what the poor (not financial) Thai brides would make of their new found western life when they realise that these guys were not rich, not well off and in the main, were quite poor (financially) in their own countries.

I guess that many would seek a return to Thailand.

From the costs these agencies charge (web research) the guys would be better off visiting Thailand a few times and trying their own luck. At least the ladies they meet would have a better idea of what lies in store for them. i employ a number of Thai ladies and they have no perception of what is rich or poor. They see all farangs as rich.

Archived