Review of my favorite thai food places in Pattaya

Cyborg

Where in Pattaya do you eat ?

Ps. All names of the dishes are written the way I say them, not the way they are written.

As I mostly eat thai food I don`t have that much to say about farang food. But here is my mini guide to my favorite places for thai food.

For nuddel soup I go to soi diamond. Follow the soi past supergirls and the carousell bar and it`s the fist cart on the right side. The lady who works there sells a lovely "Kuitjaoa nam tok", which basicly is a nuddel soup with chicken blood. Cost is only 20 Bath, 25 if you want extra meat.

I haven`t been to Kiss before this trip but found out that they make the best fried nuddels in town. Sit down and order yourself a Pad see eww gai ( gai= chicken ). This is big nuddels fried together with leaves, broccoli, egg and ofcourse chicken. Cost is only 30 Bath + you have a real chair and tabble

Down soi 6 there is a small oasis just oposite the Ruby club. This place is called giantonis or something like that and I have been going there for a few years now. They do an absolutely great Kao Phad gai ( fried rice with chicken ).

At the price of only 25 bath it`s a steal. This place also has one the best kept secrets in town : their bathroom, is absolutely great and is very clean and nicer then many of the bathrooms that the 3 star hotels have. Pool table ( free ) + a great view to watch the coomings and goings into Ruby club makes this place to one of my favorite places in Pattaya.

My favorite dish: Pad ga pao gai. Fried chicken with different leves and vegetables and lots of chilli. Served with rice ( kao ). Myself like an egg on the side.

To my knowledge, the Royal Garden Plaza food court has the best one. ( I can name several places in Bangkok that does it better, but this is about Pattaya )

If you walk in to the mall from second road, it`s the first shop after the bathroom and the ATM on the left side. Not sure of the name, but something like northern dishes.

I took several girls there and each one gave their thumbs up for their Pad ga pao. Price is about 40 Bath and it`s a great place to sit and do some people watching. I can also recommend their Kuitjaoa nam tok, altough not up the standars of soi diamond, but really close.

Up Soi VC is another place I would like to mention. Ignore the gay bars and just walk up the soi, about 200 meters up on your right side there is a huge area that opens up. Inside is something like a outdoor movie area or something. You will see a old lady with a a big cart placed with a few tables and chairs. She makes what I would call REAL thai food and does several disches that I would recommend.

One she makes that is really good is Tom yam gung. I think we all know this famous dish and have at one point or another tried it. She does one of the best I`ve ever had. real spicy and not a cheap charlie when it comes to putting in the shrimps.

This lady speaks no english, so bring along a girl or know the name of the dish you want.

Prices are super cheap and you would have to try hard to find something that costs more then 60 bath.

Papa Joe`s not far from the FLB bar in WS does a very good seafood pizza and if you`re into italian food, this place seems to be good.

Maybe 50 meters on the right hand side after the FLB bar ( walking towards Tony`s ). 200 Bath was the cost.

Cy

not from there but got an email from Louis the owner yesterday , he was trying to sell it to me for 4 000 000 baht.

He is opening a new one at Jomtien 350 seater early next year so if you are silly enough to buy it go for it as he tells me it a great opportunity!!!! :(

Archived