Disappearing Masseuse

the_numbers

Board members we've lost a pretty, sexy girl as a masseuse in Bangkok thanks to another board. Its a penny in the well - a sexy Thai girl, but there's a larger point.

Boards can go too far in discussing girls. Nanaplaza does not do it, but another nightlife board does :dunno: and I got a girl crying yesterday on the phone as a result.

It made me think about another board in a bad light :onfire:

She claims she will quit her job, and has become pretty hysterical :(

Why? Two pages of posts discussing her in a not appropriate manner. I don't mean 'good service'/'bad service' but someone posted her name, described where she hung out, other jobs she had, and when she was not working. They even got into how old her previous boyfriend was, where he was from, and how much money they 'thought' he gave her :: I think that's creepy to have posted on an open forum.

She may end up going back to work, but forget about the sweet masseuse she's disappeared...

The girl is now uptight, neurotic, paranoid, and thinks customers are coming to exploit her :banghead: is this the desired result of posting about exploits?!? Its gone from informing to alienating.

Lots of girls read boards... especially nightlife sections.

the_numbers

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is why we do not allow here. Actually, there are many reasons for this.

But any girl in the business, has to realize that her actions may come back to haunt her. They are putting themselves into that position, in willing to screw any Tom, Dick, or Harry, who comes down the road. Not every guy they spread their legs for, has good intentions, and are looking out for her best interest. It's just part of the job, and with the advent of the Internet, just something they have to accept as a possibility, deciding to take on the job, they have elected to do.

The fact is, they have no way to protect themselves against this. It's all part of the job, that they elect to do. And something they should realize, before deciding to make their living, laying on their back. It will always be a part of their chosen profession. They are putting themselves out to be consummed by the general public, at large. How fair is it then to complain, when put up for scrutiny, by the same group you're selling yourself to?

I would never do, but at the same time, am hardly shocked when I hear about it happening. Nor should a prostitute. The fact is, she is setting herself up for this, every time she screws someone, she does not know. It's just part of the business. And part of the risk-reward aspect, of making the big bucks.

HT

There's going to be a lot more disappearing considering the rate of massage op's selling and subsequently turned into some other business.

teach

Why not post your thoughts on that board? It might open a discussion if discussing the girls has gone too far. Might make for an interesting discussion as well.

As for the girl, I feel really sorry for her. I don't agree with High Thaied that she should expect this, just because she is a prostitute. Nobody has a right to do this kind of shit to another person, but shit happens.

Cheers,

soongmak

Hi Soongmak

>>>I don't agree with High Thaied that she should expect this, just because she is a prostitute. Nobody has a right to do this kind of shit to another person, but shit happens.<<<

But she should expect it. The fact is, she is giving up rights of any privacy, when she sells herself to the general public. And all concerned, needs to understand this simple fact. While I would never divulge identifying personal information about a girl I've been with, it is naive to believe that will be the situation in every case.

It's part of the job, and should be expected. Think about it. What if you were doing? Would you expect every one of the hundreds of guys you are doing, to always remain silent about you forever? The whole nature of the job, is to make you accessible to the general public, and promote yourself to being available, to such. And then you will cry, when someone speaks about you? It's going to happen, and need to realize, if you are into the job of selling yourself.

You can't have it both ways. Want privacy? Then don't open yourself up to every guy walking down the street. There is a price to be paid for making the large baht that they do. Loss of privacy, and anonymity, is one. Their whole purpose, is to exploit themseves. I find it a little hypocritical when someone takes them up on it, and then they cry 'foul', when spoken about. It's not a secret society, they are selling themselves too.

It's part of the job, and what they set themseves up with, to participate in. Don't want to be talked about? Then don't sell yourself to the general public. And don't be shocked when it will enevitably happen. Because it is almost a guaranteed deal. Their objective is selling their pussy. Seems silly for them to start crying, when they finally get the plubicity, they are searching for, while actively selling themselves on the open market.

HT

The fact is, she is giving up rights of any privacy, when she sells herself to the general public.

What on earth are you talking about? The girls working as a maseusse don't sell themselves to the general public. They are not on tv,not in the newspapers, no celebrities. Yes, their services are available to general public, but this goes for anybody working in the service industry, anywhere. Why does that mean you have to give up your privacy? If that is true for them, it is true for you and me as well.If you think otherwise, you have to come up with more convincing argumets than "belonging to the public", because that is no more true than it is for you and me.

Seems silly for them to start crying, when they finally get the plubicity, they are searching for, while actively selling themselves on the open market.

How on earth did you get the idea that they look for publicity? That is on the whole not true! Because society at large looks down on prostitutes makes that they are in general, more discreet about their profession than you and me. Makes sense, doesn't it?

I disagree Soongmak.

>>>>Why does that mean you have to give up your privacy? If that is true for them, it is true for you and me as well.<<<<

Not at all true. I have many customers in my store, and they are not privy to my private life. It's something I do not have to share with them. I'm selling a product other than my personal self, even though might be a service.

My point is that if you want to divulge information like past boyfriends, where they are from, how much they give you, when you have days off, etc., to perfect strangers, then you can expect that information to not be private anymore. As is like the sex they might provide to you. There is no written guarantee that what they share with a customer, is sacrilegious, in nature.

A prostitute worried that a customer might speak to someone else of their encounter??? Time to look for a new profession, in my opinion. God knows, they have no problem sharing the experience with their girlfriends/bar co-workers. :)

Even if Masseuse is not providing sex (which is doubtful, if pages on the internet are being written about her), I find it silly that she should expect said information to be kept secret, while apparently sharing with everyone. Confiding in a close, personal friend is one thing, but obviously not what we are talking about here. I personally would not do, but it should not be surprising to her, that others might disclose information about her. The only way to prevent that, is to not allow strangers to know anything damaging about you. Which is, of course, inherently impossible for a hooker to do.

And as far as advertising? Of course they have to do. Doesn't mean she needs to go on TV, or radio. A hooker deciding to be one, and not telling anyone about it, will result in exactly 'zero' customers for her. She must sell her personality and body, to make any money. Something you and I don't have to do, so is not same-same, as you describe it to be. I seriously doubt pages on the internet, will be written about someone coming to my store, and buying a pair of chopsticks from me.....even if I throw in a free chopstick rest, to solidify the deal. :D

Of course, if I throw in 5 free minutes in the back room, with my gorgeous 'sales girl', as part of the $4.50 deal, then would be posted on 100 internet sites, by the end of the day.

Understand my point?

HT

My point is that if you want to divulge information like past boyfriends, where they are from, how much they give you, when you have days off, etc., to perfect strangers, then you can expect that information to not be private anymore.

That's the source of the problem and her fault of course. I understand that she might have had the intention to have a chat and make customers feel more comfortable etc. but she should have done so without revealing too many personal details to strangers.

Does not change the fact though that guys discussing her in an open forum are pathetic.

I fully understand that men are much more likely to discuss a good fuck rather than their best haircut or carwash. Just sad that personal details had to be included as a bit more respect for the girl wouldn't have been too much to ask.

Hi Zaad,

I agree 100%. But the fact is, not all punters are made from the same moral fabric (if there is such a thing among us? :D). Not cool at all, but a working girl needs to know this, and be aware that her actions may well be publicized, despite her wishes.

The internet is a very powerful information tool. This is not a problem that will go away. Everyone is at risk of having their personal information divulged here. And something 'everyone' needs to be aware of.

Hard to believe it was only a few decades ago, that phones, and letters, were the only way most people could communicate. So much has changed since then........

I doubt many of us would even know NEP, SC, or Pattaya ever even existed, if not for the 'net.

But it does also have it's downside, as Miss masseuse can attest to. :(

HT

Archived