Disappearing Masseuse

the_numbers

This matter is a gross breach of the girls confidence and very creepy. The way she earns money has nought to do with it and if the few continue to act like this they will spoil it for all of us. I hope the posters have been expelled from whichever board it was.

::

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me offer as example, a very popular "place" in Bangkok now charges extra money, a lot extra to take photo and video of the girls. The reason? someone was profitting from it, or just plain giving the place bad publicity. So As the previous poster stated, one or 2 ruining for the rest of us. I have stacks of photos I won't even show to close friends, let alone post on the internet...and names? never! I'll keep the good ones for myself! :neener::beer::grinyes:

>Hahahahha. In who's terms? yours?, mine?, the guy down the street?.

Well, the owner of this and other boards such as nanapong for a start. Or maybe you are one of those who disagree with the policy?

>In that context, no one should feel entitled to a reasonable expectation of privacy. We are all up for scrutiny. No matter what our actions.

Of course, which is why you post under the name "high Thaied" and not your real name right? Or do you believe that *you* have a right to privacy while working girls do not. Smells of hypocracy to me.

-j-

I had to get some photos removed from one website as the guy who took them told the girls that the pictures were for his eyes only. I know the girls in question, who used to work in a go-go but are currently on sponsorship, and wanted to tell them that these pictures had appeared on the internet.

The fact is that I was able to help in this situation. In general, the girls do very little to help themselves and care even less so if more baht is offered. They have to realise that there are potential future implications. Until they go some way to protect themselves, they can expect only a moderate amount of sympathy if any at all.

my g/f's niece also found out photo's of her were on the web (same thing, "only for me"). She was devastated. ( a good friend was able to get them removed).

>They have to realise that there are potential future implications.

Aye, I suppose so, but the sad thing is that the "internet" for most of them has no real basis in reality and so they can't figure out that a photo of them might be available world wide by the next day. I have said before that in most cases I don't think these girls can really give "consent" in the case of photos, as most (not all) *really* don't understand the implications of thier consent.

Again, to me, this is one of those issues that I think says a lot more about "us" than it does about "them".

-j-

There is one crucial point the_numbers fails to mention in his summary that has a considerable bearing on the moral issues discussed.

The girl in question only generated active discussion in the Bangkok Tonight thread because she was the main girl featured on her massage establishment's website for over a month. A large, very horny looking picture of her appeared as the main picture for four weeks - until the end of last week. Below the picture was also her name & age. Pictures & names appear for a majority of the massage girls, but she was by far the best looking & presumably received a good flow of business as a result.

The first poster to mention her on Bangkok Tonight referred directly to the website where her name was clearly visible to any browser in the world. The issue would seem to be primarily between her & the owner of the massage establishment ? she appeared in a sexually aggressive pose with her face clearly visible & with her name & age given for over a month! Was she really not aware of that?

If an attractive prostitute is publicly promoted on the Internet in that way it is likely to generate active discussions.

Sorry everyone.. I've been away for a bit :: Alas I'm back in Bangers after a three day retreat.

Freddy3[stranger] if you are speaking the gospel then its the gospel :bow: I don't know the website Bangkok Tonight much at all and am hardly mr. internet-swish-swish.

I just got the phone call from the girl and saw the reality of the situation.

I think the issue is important because of the effect it had on the girl. Personal privacy was what she had taken from her, and that's what we have gotten into discussing on this thread.

If you hurt the girl and make her upset then I think the board is not doing a 'positive' service. My 'disappearing masseuse' said she would have been happy if people had just said things about her service.

Furthermore the lady in question has quit the establishment as a result of this according to her two days ago.. I would venture that this means that she took the way she was treated by her customers 'on the chin' so to speak :dunno: not in a positive way.

I don't think its fair to blame her for telling certain people a thing or two about her in passing.

People doing any job feel better not being neurotic about holding basic conversation for fear that the result will be exposure/exploitation :banghead: I'm starting to think some fellas are bigger gossips than the whores.

the_numbers

Oh, and I did not see anyone say in the posts I read...

"the only reason we are talking about so-and-so is because its morally ok to discuss her private life because she has a picture up on the website of a massage parlour [vetoing any right to personal privacy]. Thus alleviating customers of any blame for saying every detail we can squeeze out of her, and others chiming in telling where she hangs out, and who she used to date, how much money he gave her a month, and what shoe size she wears."

bollocks.

the_numbers

Hi Josh,

>>>>Of course, which is why you post under the name "high Thaied" and not your real name right? Or do you believe that *you* have a right to privacy while working girls do not. Smells of hypocracy to me.<<<<

What is hypocritical? If I thought, and believed, I had a right of privacy here, I *would* be using my real name, but I do not, for abundantly obvious reasons. For the same reasons I have spoken of here, and below.

I've only said two things here. Firstly, that I do not think it right, and I would never do it personally......and secondly, that a working girl should not have an *expectation* of privacy, given the nature of their job. They are dealing with all kinds, whom they really don't know, beyond being a simple customer. Just that fact alone, sets them up for being talked about, as would the local High school whore, be gossiped about a great deal, in the locker-room and hallways.

We uphold high standards here, but if not, I can tell you there would be very few girls working in the bars that would not be discussed about in great detail, including name, looks, bar where she works, and how well she performs. Hell....if we allowed it, you'd even see phone numbers, and addresses here, and what time of month she has her period. Let alone pic's of their performances. And that is a fact. Even here, us mod's spend much time deleting identifying information.

But please don't think that this is the only board relating to Thai bar girl's. There is not a babe in any bar, MP, go-go, etc., who works in a farang related bar anyway, that will not end up being discussed on the internet, if she is in the business for any time at all. While some may be limited to the first-time punter relating his sex with her, to his friends, through emails and pics...she WILL be talked about, and every aspect of the sex she provided. It's human nature. The mere fact she is a prostitute, is only made worse when she gives out other personal information, on top of that. As did the girl in original post, and is now scratching her head, wondering how such information could ever end up on the internet???? ::

Something you must remember, is that, with the exception of free-lancers, these girls work out of a business. Which opens them up to evaluation, and discussion. They are products that a business is selling, so might be natural to discuss their performance, etc., as opposed to a secretary they met at work. That might seem as a more personal relationship, that some might think would be abhorant to disclose on the 'Net, while thinking nothing of posting about Noi # 19 in Angelwitch (fake), who they had a roll in the hay with, along with two of his buddies. She's fair game, because she is already exploiting herself, to anyone coming down the road. You are not dislcosing anything that is not open to the general public, and she is not wanting to put out there. She is for sale, and telling everyone just that.

The secretary at work, is an entirely different ball game, in some eye's. In doing so (even speaking of such an encounter, much less posting it), would be betraying an unwritten trust. She might lose her job, or get a bad reputation, and could do her some real damage in many, many ways.

While the prostitute will not only keep her job, no damage to her reputation (already shot to hell), she might even get a raise, if she gets continual rave reviews from customers.

While I'm playing the devil's advocate here, I hope you can see my points. Being a prostitute in Thailand is hardly a secret society, hushed under the covers, not to be talked about. In fact, just the opposite. It's like a car dealer screaming for you to enter their establishment off the street, wanting you to view and test-drive it's models, and then expecting you to not tell anyone about the different cars being sold there. :: It's just not going to happen. And as such, a prostitute who puts herself out there, selling herself to the general public, needs to realise......the general public does not have a general moral fabric running through it, and any expectations of that, is niave, at best.

HT

Man,

This whole discussion is oh so pointless. :banghead: Why don't you just concede that every person has a right to privacy, and that there are some assholes around who violate it.

Than I can agree with you that an expectation of privacy may be shattered, but still that *every* person has a right to it.

You just make it sound like bargirls are lesser persons with no rights to privacy, and that's what troublesome to me. I hope you don't really feel that way, because an (ex-) whoremonger who feels superior to whores is delusional. :nono:

Cheers,

soongmak

Archived