Depressing Reading..

follies

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thai3 said:

But they are not just taking the risk for themselves are they.

Well, I knew you'd come back with that old one... YES, they are just taking the risk for themselves, in my opinion (that's a logical one, rather than a PC one). Each time you have sex, unless it's rape, each person has a choice to make. Each makes his/her own choice and takes the consequences. To spread, such a disease needs more than one person.

By indulging in irresponsibly reckless behaviour they also put other people at risk who may not have as much of a choice ..

Ah, yes - that old one for seconds. They DO have a choice, every time. I know bargirls who don't care and those who don't. Those who didn't use to and who now do. Those who didn't before and now do. Those who care depending on customer and those who care on fuck knows what. You ever read The Dice Man? I guess not...

Girls don't have a choice... give me a break. How many do you know? Show me a bargirl and I'll show you her sister working in an office or factory...

It might be more forgivable if the bareback crew at least had regular health checks, but these seem to be the ones who have the least checks, even though they need them the most.[/i]

Let me guess... you read The Daily Mail, The Guardian or The Independent..

It's a bit like arguing that it's OK to recklessly drive far too fast because it's your choice if you want to take the risk.

If by 'a bit', you mean 'not a lot' then, for once, I agree. It's nothing like it. Let me make another guess. You never studied a mathematical discipline? (If you did, you should be ashamed!)

Sex is a two (to simplify it very slightly::) at a time 'game' in that each instance of sex involves only two 'players'. At that instant, both players have to give their consents and, as the two main participants, maintain a high degree of control over the proceedings. Any spectators to this event have no chance of being affected.

Compare this to any instance of high-speed driving (I'm assuming you mean in a public street). The first difference is that any spectators can be affected. The second is that bystanders have not given their consent to take the risk to spectate, let alone participate! So, to a logical person, it's not alike at all...

It would be only fair to compare sex to a two-car race between consenting adults on a race-track. Followed by another race involving (maybe) a different pair on (maybe) another track. Etc, etc. Somewhere along the way, a car may become damaged and unsafe to race. Or a track may be unsafe. But each time a person makes a choice.

This is a choice discussion, personal politics, not health.

And "DEPRESSING READING" for me is not this, it's the thread "BAR GIRL DYING ON THE STREETS" where a load of guys, including you, simply pass comment and do nothing when you hear of an actual girl, in an actual place, right now, who seems to be dying of such a disease as you muse about the general issues:dunno: This sounds more like a health issue to me. If you actually care, why don't you do something about it?

"(With your old comparison, you might as well say, ahem, that your desire to have Thai TV channels available in a certain soi 19 hotel adversely affects other people who don't want to see them... )"

Which hotels there has that options? And, are the room service lasses as cute as in the Southern comfort hotel in Manila?

thai3 said:

But they are not just taking the risk for themselves are they. By indulging in irresponsibly reckless behaviour they also put other people at risk who may not have as much of a choice as our could not give a damn heros.It might be more forgivable if the bareback crew at least had regular health checks, but these seem to be the ones who have the least checks, even though they need them the most.It's a bit like arguing that it's OK to recklessly drive far too fast because it's your choice if you want to take the risk. Unfortunatly innocent victims tend to get mown down sooner or later due to what can only be described as selfishness.

But they are not just taking the risk for themselves are they. By indulging in irresponsibly reckless behaviour they also put other people at risk who may not have as much of a choice as our could not give a damn heros.It might be more forgivable if the whoremonger crew at least had regular health checks, but these seem to be the ones who have the least checks, even though they need them the most.It's a bit like arguing that it's OK to recklessly drive far too fast because it's your choice if you want to take the risk. Unfortunatly innocent victims tend to get mown down sooner or later due to what can only be described as selfishness.

You assume these idiots are only having sex with prostitiutes who also have a choice, so if either get infected that's their look out. What about the wives and girfriends they are also shagging? I'm sure they tell other partners first and ask them if they want to take the risk of catching whatever they might have picked up when they fancied fucking a few whores.Unprotected sex with prostitiutes is selfish, dangerous and just plain stupid-peter

bibblies, actually the reason that I found it depressing was because, after all these years, we seem to be regressing medically, and that there are now more fatal STD's than there were 20 years ago.

I seem to have inadvertently started a debate about unprotected sex and the consequences. Oh, well, that's what a forum is for, eh ::

BTW, I am doing something about it :o

Archived