Lost Passport & Overstay!!!

Palatkik,

That web site is a good one i had not looked for a while but seems like they have updated with very good accurate and helpful info on there,

BKKFREAK, I can tell you loads of stories of people that have been jailed for overstaying there visa's. You might want to have a look at Bangkok Phil's web site and his interesting story

http://www.philipwilliams.freeservers.com/page5b.html#overstays

I agree with you. Sorry for not being precise enough in my statement. What I ment is: the punishment for overstaying is not jail. This sort of punishment is not foreseen for overstaying. But of course, if it is not possible to close your case in a short time (for money or administration reasons) they not let you go again till everything is settled, but keep you in courtesy (jail). Of course they not want to look again for you as in the most cases, I suposse, the people would disapear when let go. BTW, this is the same procedure in Switzerland and most probably all over Europe. And I also not like to be guy being snached without valid visa in the USA.

Cheers

quote:

Originally posted by BKKFREAK:

BTW, this is the same procedure in Switzerland and most probably all over Europe. And I also not like to be guy being snached without valid visa in the USA.

BKKfreak

All in honor of Ur country it's not the same,people from poorer countries don't stay in immigration jail in Switzerland months and even years because they can't manage to get a travel document or a ticket back home

I heard they stopped giving refugee status there but they will send the guy back with a ticket on courtesy of the country who doesn't want his ass.

I'm not sure of the procedures now with refugees who can really not go back to their country though,wich actually seem to be a minority

luisBKK,

also in our countries there are more than a few people who have to spend a very long time in the detention centres, but mainly due to the fact that nobody can find out their nationality.

only difference is that the conditions of the holdingcenters there are a lot better than the IDC in bangkok. rooms less than 100sqm, with up to 150 people locked in 24/7, sleeping on the concrete floor without matrasses, lousy food.

i have seen here burmese, chinese and nigerians who have spent years in those conditions. i remember that one nigerian guy who i have chatted with when i visited a friend of mine. a few years later, visiting another friend, that same nigerian was still there. it took his country nearly a year to send him a passport, by the time it arrived it was already expired, back to square one.

quote:

Originally posted by flyonzewall:

luisBKK,

also in our countries there are more than a few people who have to spend a very long time in the detention centres, but mainly due to the fact that nobody can find out their nationality.

Fly I'm quite OK with the end of the post.Little note on the quoted part:The rules in "our countries" vary according the country.Some will let the people easily free and some will park them.The refugee camps in Australia are very hyped now but in France there have been various problems recently in the camp by the channel.Several africans I know(well,knew actually,haven't seen the last of them for a couple of months) in BKK keep saying it's easy for them to hit the streets if they can reach Charles de Gaule airport

At least in the CEE many will get the refugee status.Switzerland is getting tougher I heard.Heard too that in America U need to get Ur own ticket to be send back.U may be kept "in courtesy" untill then.I'd like to have this confirmed??Can someone stay a couple of years jailed there only because of a flight ticket?

On a last note,think about the situation:CEE countries authorities give(reluctantly) refugee status when people reach the CEE borders but spend money and send their immigration and/or police officers abroad to try to catch those wanna be refugees before they can leave transit countries,where they often get jailed than deported(often only,kind of happily police in those transit countries is as good as money can buy).That way western authorities are satisfied and won't need to intervene in favor of those people

I think we're quite lucky to be holding a passport allowing us to travel quite easily

funny that we call our age "globalisation"...

borders are closed, and having the wrong passport means that you can't go anywhere. even with the right passport they make it more difficult every year.

"globalisation", hmmm,...

Archived