NCAA College Football

stonepony

Puh-leeze! Dream on, Rubber Boy. What a panzy schedule for a #1 team: a grand total of ZERO games against top 25 teams. Whatta joke! You'd better go 12-0 playing against a bunch of little girls :neener:!

Me? I back my alma mater who field's a real man's team :: -- Go Canes!!!! Yeah, we are a bit weak in the D-back position and Q-Back U is not what it once was, but they will be in the top 3 at the end. Oh, and we play SIX games against top 25 teams with 3 of those against top 10 teams! Even when I was playing and we were not in a conference we had a tougher schedule LOL! Just remember the BCS awards points for difficulty for victories over ranked opponents.

I guess we will see if I am right Sept 6 when the Canes whup ass on FSU. I am pissed it is so early in the season as I am going to the States for a month Sept 9 and we do not get college ball here in LoS so I cannot watch the only game that matters. Stuck with listening to it on Real Media :(.

Cheers,

SD (UM '84)

Seriously, I was amazed at how weak the PAC10 is this year. The only other ranked team is Oregon and they are #24. Wa-happened? As you know, unless you actively chase it, and I don't, it is difficult getting any college ball info here :(.

I love the fact the Miami is only ranked #8 this year. It is a tradition that we play better when the underdogs or when we are shown no respect.

Cheers,

SD

suadum said:

What a panzy schedule for a #1 team: a grand total of ZERO games against top 25 teams. Whatta joke! You'd better go 12-0 playing against a bunch of little girls :neener:!

Can SC help it if all the teams are afraid to play them :grinyes: Actually they do play Cal which is ranked 15th in the nation, and lets not forget them playing the 2nd ranked team on Jan 4th in the Orange Bowl. :hubba:

The Pac 10 may be weak but I think we all have to agree that they do play the most exciting ball out there. I believe eight different champions in the last eight years, that is what build excitement, it could be anybody's year, except for this year of course.

suadum, what year did you play at Maimi and what position. I did play JC ball, wide receiver, but I had white guy disease, to slow for major college. Damn, I miss those days !!

stonepony said:suadum, what year did you play at Maimi and what position. I did play JC ball, wide receiver, but I had white guy disease, to slow for major college. Damn, I miss those days !!

I do not see Cal on their schedule? Did you or I miss it?

I played 1980-84. Middle linebacker, 3rd team, so I did not get a lot of PT. I was slow too, but strong and good sense, so that helped in run D sets.

I got a scholarship for football (because my best friend and teammate was All State and HS All American) but I was in the top 1% of both ACT & SAT scores. Ya, I could play ball, but so could a lot of others. My job with the team was to keep the GPA up LOL! But Coach S has a good amn and I did play and get a ring in 1983! Now Jimmy Johnson was an asshole...

Oh well, gotta go to work.

Cheers,

SD

Ya, ballsy. But I do believe that Senator (or is the Representative) Osbourne was a tad over-confident. Of course we had never won anything before and were a 2 TD+ underdog, LOL, so who could blame him? Kenny Calhoun was da man!

Cheers,

SD

stonepony said:

Sorry LSU fans but "the only team better than last years USC team is this years USC team". Go Trojans !!!

Do you go to the Quiz nights, Pony? If so, remind me to sit at a different table ::

Just kidding, but there is only one team in all of sports, professional and college, that I hate more than USC football? The New York Yankees.

The only reason USC is any good at all is b/c of the influence of the former Pats coach. Some Boston charm rolled off of the USC boys. :)

Want to guess where my college allegiances are? Hint: It isn't LSU. But is is about 45 minutes from USC is a part of town called Westwood. Yes, we suck at football of late, but that shall change soon.

Speaking of that amazing LA university, a few Olympics back I saw a great stat. If UCLA grads or (then) current UCLA students represented a country, we were number 5 in the world, just behind France in terms of medals for that particular Olympics.

Pretty amazing, huh? So many people focus on the BIG 2 college sports in the USA that they forget there are lots of other sports out there.

froggo

Ssshhhhh :shhh: frogman, don't tell anyone but I also went to UCLA. I know, I know, how can I go to school in Westwood and not despise the maroon and gold. Well I grew up in So. Cal, and as long as I can remember I have always loved both teams.

I couldn?t start this thread braggin about the Bruins since they are not even ranked in the top 25, so I picked the next best thing. Go Bruins!!!, Go Trojans !!! (not even my friends can believe it) Overall I am really a Pac-10 fan.

Archived