NCAA College Football

stonepony

stonepony said:

Go Bruins!!!, Go Trojans !!! (not even my friends can believe it)

Wow, StonePony. That is amazing. I know many LA families split down the middle over this issue. Wife USC/hubby UCLA, and so on. I know Fla/Fla State and others are much the same, but the fact that these two LA unis are so close to each other, and so big, must make the rivalry somewhat unique.

Hell, I couldn't even bring myself to attend SC though offered admittance there due to my Bruin loyalties.

In a word, a sports nightmare for you!

I agree on the Pac 10. They play an exciting, albeit sometimes lightweight, brand of football. Always an aerial display.

froggo

Yeah in Seattle its the same with UW and WSU, with alum split down the middle, even in families. It seems most peope in my family went to one or the other.

Me, I didn't go to a Division I school, so I still get to root for both teams.

That said, the Pac-10 is where it's at.

Oh and Suadum, in 91 the Dawgs would have whooped on the Canes.

:neener:

Bad news for SC fans, The NCAA has denied Mike Williams his reinstatement back into college football. :cussing: This could have a major blow to their change for a back to back.

frogman, not sure I consider it a nightmare, it just gives me two team to root for during the season. Now when they are playing each other I root for the team with the best chance for a major bowl appearence (this is easy, since they always play late in the year) or where my money is at. It the rivalries that make college football so awesome !!

SUZIBANDIT said:Oh and Suadum, in 91 the Dawgs would have whooped on the Canes.

Hehehehee. But the did not, did they? As Coach S used to say; "If ifs were fifths we'd all be drunk now! But we are not, are we?"

Cheers,

SD

I think that Coach S also said, "I'll return Oklahoma to their glory days." He didn't quite do that but he helped Kansas State reach their glory days (which included two wins in a row againsst Southern California). Kansas State may not win the national championship this year but will have the Heisman trophy winner. The only thing that I'm pretty sure that we all can agree on is; its certainly nice to see Notre Dame (with all of their advantages and money) fall flat on their face.

Problem with Notre Dame is the current administration won't allow Tyrone Willingham to recruit the marginal students who are talented players that Lou Holtz regularly got the admissions office to accept during his era. I remember running back Tony Brooks back in the early 90's. That guy was a thug who didn't belong on the Notre Dame campus. How Lou Holtz got the admissions office to accept him still leaves me shaking my head. The tough academic standards are hurting Notre Dame's football program.

• 3 months later...
stonepony said:

Well the season is just around the corner and I just have just one thing to say; Sorry LSU fans but "the only team better than last years USC team is this years USC team". Go Trojans !!!

Gents, I said it before the season started and I sticking to my guns. One more win and So. Cal will be National Champions yet again :beer:

Sorry Aulburn fans, I feel your pain, great season :applause:

Sooner fans :rip:

Did I miss something, What is Badabing doing jumping on the UC bandwagon with his avatar :dunno:

War Dam Eagle!!! My alma mater gypped by the BCS.

All in all I shouldn't complain too much. This was supposed to be a mediocre season, 8-3 at best and we end up undefeated and beat 'Bama and are 3rd ranked. Far more than I ever imagined.

Also, the Auburn/'Bama rivalry is the country's most heated. You can talk about Ohio State/Michigan, Oklohoma/Texas, Fla/Fla state all you want. But its the Iron Ball for hatred and intensity. Buck 'Fama!!!!

stonepony said:

Did I miss something, What is Badabing doing jumping on the UC bandwagon with his avatar :dunno:

You can beleive reason A or B

A. I trashed Pom Michael's " Buckeyes " before the Michigan Game and I got creamed , hence no more Michigan tars or posts this year.

B. Don't know what the hell your talking about , my avatar is promoting " safe sex " on Soi Cowboy :chili::yay::chili:

Bada :beer: Bing

Archived