What a Bargain !!!

follies

Well, here I am preparing for my next trip to Thailand, and a combination of circumstances lead to this topic. Here goes:

I'll be in Thailand from Aug 9-22, but am combining it with a business trip to some other locations, so all-in-all, I'll be on the road for nearly a month. A couple of friends, realizing the length of my upcoming absence, decided they needed to take me out for a night on the town, so we headed out for a few beers & eventually found our way to one of the famous local "gentlemens clubs".

First, a bit of background for those of you unfamiliar with gentlemens clubs in this part of the world (this city is quite well-known for them). Usually, they are very nice places, $8 entrance fee, plus an average of $8 for all drinks. The girls dance on a main stage & 1-2 side stages, usually 2 dances, one "dressed", ane one down to a bikini bottom or thong. The main action, however, is the "table dance" (old name, meaning dance at your table, not on your table....). These last for one song and usually cost $20.

So let's get to the point of this post. What will the evening cost? Let's say entrance fee plus 4 drinks plus tips comes to about $45.....lets convert to Baht (bear with me, I do have a point) at 45 to $...so that's 2000Baht so far. You cannot stay long in these places without a table dance...let's say 5 dances at $20 a pop, another $100 (4500Baht). BTW, what you get for your $20 usually consists of about 4 minutes of a near-naked girl dancing approximately 2mm from your crotch and (if you are lucky) occasionally grinding away in your lap.

OK, we've dropped about $150 here, about 6750Baht. Let's compare it to Thailand....

Using the commonly quoted #'s of 1000Bt for ST and 2000Bt for LT, for the princely sum of $22, I can get ST....only $2 more than a 4 minute table dance in the USA. LT will cost me 2 table dances (now I'm talking in different units of currency...the table dance...I got the idea from TBears excellent trip reports....). For the total I spent on one mediocre evening in the States, I can get 6 ST's (or 3 LT's). As I said (betcha were wondering when I'd link this)....WHAT A BARGAIN!!!

Not hard to see why newbies from the USA tend to overpay, if they are thinking in table-dance currency units. So have pity on these poor guys, Bangkok Phil, Stickman, Fat Bastard33, and the rest of you regulars....but NEVER cease to remind them about the rates, and keeping them good!

Regards one and all....

follies,

I'm sure you spent some time on Richmond Ave. On a different thread the subject of units came up (units of money you paid for different services). The main unit on the thread was SWU=Standard Whore Unit. Now we have a new one TDU=Table Dance Unit. I agree based on the cost of these services in the good old USA, It will be hard for me to not to drive up the price and get arrested by the Baht police in the LOS.

LeoTex

quote:

Originally posted by follies:

So let's get to the point of this post. What will the evening cost? Let's say entrance fee plus 4 drinks plus tips comes to about $45.....lets convert to Baht (bear with me, I do have a point) at 45 to $...so that's 2000Baht so far. You cannot stay long in these places without a table dance...let's say 5 dances at $20 a pop, another $100 (4500Baht). BTW, what you get for your $20 usually consists of about 4 minutes of a near-naked girl dancing approximately 2mm from your crotch and (if you are lucky) occasionally grinding away in your lap.

OK, we've dropped about $150 here, about 6750Baht.

I could not agree with you more on this.

I was in Houston for 7 months last year on Business, and some of the guys took me down to Strip Bars on Richmond, what a waste of money.

The next time I was invited out with them I declined, and when I tried to explain to them the cost in LOS they just didn't believe me.

From then on, it was just down to the Richmond Arms for me, being a "Limey" I used to get picked up by your local girls.

Reply to follies:

Good post! Very interesting data and math.

If you included your plane fare and hotel bills into the analysis, I wonder if your conclusion would be different? I don't think it would be because the price for LOS-quality sex in Houston is probably mind-boggling and would make a strong, virile man impotent, which is what has happened to me since my last return from Asia!

t'wannabe

l was in the states and went to a table top dancing venue and was very surprised in the price's charged, more so in the fact the girls only went down to the G Strings (Thong)!!! Being Australian and living in Melbourne, (now BK) which has a high number of these places, $5.00 Oz to get in, drinks at around the same price (near same as NEP) and the girls get it all off and show it all.

Only problem with this kind of place is! if you want to take it any further it will cost you a shitload.

So l luv this place!!!!!!!!!

l was in the states and went to a table top dancing venue and was very surprised in the price's charged, more so in the fact the girls only went down to the G Strings (Thong)!!! Being Australian and living in Melbourne, (now BK) which has a high number of these places, $5.00 Oz (118 bht) to get in, drinks at around the same price (near same as NEP) and the girls get it all off and show it all. Great form as well most of them

Only problem with this kind of place is! if you want to take it any further it will cost you a shitload.

So l luv this place!!!!!!!!!

After spending years going to strip clubs in the US and spending thousands of dollars watching women strip for you and rarely being able to sleep with them (unless you happen to agree to buy them some drugs for the night), I have never had the desire to step foot in a strip club here in the US again after visiting Thailand for the first time in June of 2000. I really can't see anyone ever visiting a strip club in the US again once they have been to Paradise(Thailand), I just don't see the point of wasting your time and money for such terrable service.Thank God for Thailand!!!!

Follies, I appreciate your post and you are correct, compared to the States and the majority of western countries LOS is a bargain.

I was a newbie at one time and had the benefit of traveling with a friend. I've overpaid a couple times myself.

Some of the main reasons why 'newbies' have to be schooled is that some of us are on a budget. Some of us live there and any increases is an added expense, hence the request to 'hold the line' on prices.

So, although we are enjoying a great bargain compared with domestic prices, we have to think of others and its generally a good practice anyway.

Archived