Best Maw Lum VCD

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got this DVD today and it's quite disappointing. The first 10 mins are one of those (to me) boring cultural processions with everyone in Issan dress, bit of dancing, messing about with fire sticks and chasing chickens about. The disk is strangely titled Issan folk and 'Pop' music. Not sure what they mean by Issan Pop but I expect they mean morlam cing. Eight different scenes in all but the only enjoyable one is the last which is only about 4 minutes long. This features a kaen player who they wake up in the middle of the night in Bkk! he can really play quite well. Sadly most of the rest would put almost anyone off lao music for life. The notes are innacurate, songs described as morlam cing are luktung, except one. Also says mawlum and molam are two different styles of morlam? Bit amaturish and does not do Issan music justice, don't bother with it-peter

don't bother with it-peter

------------------------

i did not. i have just about 2 good hours of my own mo-lam videos shot around Thailand, plus that concert my friend copied for me on DVD, at his wife's village (he paid for the whole party, for her father's funeral!), and it's good, music and cuuute dancers. Mo-lam rules!!!!!!!!!!

Archived