Any Thai Bank w.o. 10bt ATM "Inter-Region" fee?

Hello. I have an account with Bangkok Bank in Bangkok. Now I stay in Pattaya and every time I use their ATM it tacks on a 10 baht "Inter-Region" fee and I don't like it. Do you know a (good) bank that doesn't have this fee? Thanks a million (baht)!

That is THE answer. Open an account where you will be using the service.

There is no advantage in the account being in Bangkok as all BBL banks are located by the first 3 digits of the account number so a wire transfer or the like will still get to your account even if sent to 'Bangkok' by mistake.

But really think you must plan a very long life to make this information worth a million baht. :)

But really think you must plan a very long life to make this information worth a million baht. :)

Let's say I visit the ATM once a week. That's 520 baht a year. To accumulate 1 million baht would take...

about 72 years (assuming a 7% annual rate of return).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow no free interregion or whatever atm withdrawels with any banks in LOS? Come on there must be at least one stingy LOS based farang who managed to get that exlusive atm card that never charges a fee at any LOS or foreign ATM?

The LOS eqiulent to UK's Nationwide or Scandinavia's Skandiabanken? Is it out there or not?

Else LOS is a total scam LOL ;)

• 1 year later...

bloody hell no LOS banks with free country wide ATM usage?

I'm seriously reconsidering ever moving there or at least mainly rely on free foreign based los atm usage :banghead:

what a fucking scamming day robbery if there ever was one!

I guess thai people are either incredibly inmobile or else be earning thru the roof ;)

Archived