Van to Pattaya on Oct. 9 - around 10am

New Petchburi Pete

I'll be touching down at DonMuang at 9:30am on Oct. 9.

First, can I catch a van at the airport to Pattaya?

Second, any estimate (experience) as to what price range would be ?

Third: If anyone else is considering going down to Pattaya on that saturady morning (leave about 10:00am or so) - any interest in grouping up to lower cost, if that can be done?

Screw the bus, I'll be in a hurry !!! ;)

Oh, if I only get 1 or 2 interested parties, we could consider a taxi ... usual rate is about 1500 Bt.

oh well I guess it is a bit quicker than the bus but not that much maybe an hour or so. hour and a half max.

airport bus to nana skytrain. 100 baht

skytrain to ekimia about 30 baht

first class bus to Pattaya 90 baht

baht bus to hotel about 25 baht

total cost about 245 baht

total time about 3 hours

If you travel with lots of crap then this is a pain but if you travel light it is very very easy. or you could go to the dynasty and take thier free shuttle if you stay at thier place a couple of nights in Pattaya

Just in case anyone was wondering.

Mo Chit

Ticket booth for Pattaya is on the ground floor. Booth #48. It's inside the terminal and against the outside wall where the taxi will letyou off. Right about in the middle.

Now you'll get your ticket for 90 baht (sometimes there's a bus that takes the expressway for 94 baht). There nothing on the ticket that says what gate it's going out of, leastwise that I could find. It's the bus at gate 78. Give yourself some time to find it if you haven't done it before.

<<burp>>

Hey,

The jet lag .... plus losing my mind from flying from JFK to Hong Kong ... then ...

But, it's worth it. Now I can't make up my mind ... maybe I booked my return flight too quickly, as I'm landing on a saturday! ... with business to do in BKK; and, I missed friday pm at Gullivers' ... but, can anyone blame me? ... I just wanted to get back to LOS ASAP.

Now, I must decide ... stay 2 nights with my wife in BKK at a decent hotel unwinding & spending some quality time with her, while my mother-in-law watches our son in Pattaya?

... or collapse into a taxi/van at Don Muang and head home to Pattaya & then have to return to BKK for business on monday? (I can't drive with the concussion & neck injury + I hate to admit it; but, she's a safer driver than I am)!

Plan A or Plan B ?... still mulling over the pros and cons ... tough call, as I've yet to figure out how to be in two places at the same time.

Archived