is the grace hotel still boaring!!

keith doug

anyone remember the grace hotel about 1 1/2 yrs ago!! ( time flys bye)!!

open till very very late.. and loads of people in there even at 3 am!! with 2 bar rooms...

seemed to be loads of cuties outside also ...

anyone been there recently,,,

last time i was there it had reverted to its boaring self

loud music and little to offer!!

KD,

The Thermae has now been moved to the Grace hotel. Additionally, several other renovations are in order and on schedule. All of Sukhumvit will be closed, and the bars relocated to Bang Na and Rangsit. In fact, there is a plan to turn the old airport into one massive beer garden and "red entertasinment zone" Luck for me, I bought the rights to this years ago...some Ozzie guy in Clinton Plaza years back... anyway, we will let you know when the work is compleate, and ready to enjoy. :)

True. In the late 70'S I came over twice-once in 77 and once in 79 on the way to Nepal and later to surf Ulus in Bali.I then did not return to LOS for another 10 years.At that point in time it was WIDE OPEN in the rawest sense of the word. I did not partake except for a massage as it was all so bizarre/lurid to me. I had friends that would hole up in the Grace for 2 months at a time pursuing the decadent lifestyle...At the Grace back then there were lots of hard drugs and very young women. It took them 20 years but they finally cleaned it up at least visibally.

In Bali the waves were empty...and those strange omlettes that turned night into day with light shows and everything...Ah the good old days... :)

Glad I survived... ::

True. In the late 70'S I came over twice-once in 77 and once in 79 on the way to Nepal and later to surf Ulus in Bali.

F**k me, I was still in elementary school around that time and the girls are even telling me I am getting old. :o

Still I envy you guys, must have been great being there before the internet hype. :beer:

fugazi said:

Old Hippie, Thermae is closed and moved to Grace you say? A lot of construction work in that area now?

That's too bad as I have booked at Ruamchitt PLaza. Assuming it's still open?

fugazi,

No, Old Hippie was just teasing the opening poster, because it is repetitive questions :p

That being said, I heard they will close the whole of Thailand for the whole month of december.

Plus I have a bridge to sell in BKK, any takers ?

BB

Archived