Cinderella law now on the books

Peter Finucane

"...Nightclubs and bars inside the zones are allowed to open from 9pm to 2am, while those outside can stay open from 9pm to midnight...."

"...Pubs, discotheques, cafes, restaurants with live bands and cabarets in the zones are allowed to open from 6pm to 1am, while those outside the zones can open from 6pm to midnight..."

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the difference between a bar and a pub, a pub and a cafe, and a restaurant, pub and a cafe...?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in Phuket about 2 months ago and Dragon Disco was open till 5 am. Banana was open till 2:00 and the another (forgot the name) open till 3:00. I went back to Phuket about two weeks ago and everything was closing at 2:00. I thought Phuket would be excluded, but it appears that the coppers are enforcing things there.

Phuket? the whole Bangla is entertainment zone, so don't worry! in addition in July, when i was there last time a lot of bars opened far beyond 2am, much more as during the last 7-8 times i was in Phuket during the last 18 months.

will see next month when i go again.

thanks Guys.

i have no plans to visit in the near future but i was just interested.

during my visits i was not really concerned about closing times,i had my regular Bars and they normally closed at 2am anyway.

i'm not a Disco person so Banana and Shark were of no real interest to me.

went to Tai-Pan a couple of times and i was once taken to a Bar which had a live band,but i was flagging by 5am and had to go to bed.

going back to the Hotel at 2am(or earlier)was good for me....

Archived