Thai Monks behaving badly?

>>>Have you actualy ever met anyone who made it to the end of tantric enlightenment?<<<

nops. i have only been able two speak with two practitioneers of the "left handed tantrism", and only one of them allowed me to ask questions. it is NOT advisable to pressure those poeple, they can be under circumstances extremely dangerous, even more so than the fighting orders of the shivait saddhaus, the naga babbas.

and i don't know if i could judge if someone has reached enlightenent in any way. i am just a normal bloke, and do not follow any of those ways reserved for people living in monkhood.

>>>So the end primary goal, is to destroy anything you desire? Including, even the image that brought you there?<<<

you don't desire that protective goddess, lets say, not in any carnal way. but one has to break through the allencompassing illusion by way of meditation.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"red"] and i don't know if i could judge if someone has reached enlightenent in any way. i am just a normal bloke, and do not follow any of those ways reserved for people living in monkhood.

[/color]

I was told once by a monk whom I respected that the ones who reached the enlightement do not tell and it is very rude to ask such questions.

Jasmine

i, many years ago, pestered once a monk in tibet about enlightenment.

he laughed and gave me the best advice i got in my life. he said: "i could tell you about those things, but you just would not comprehend them. just take care of your life now, try to live healthy and as good as you can, and all will just come by itself. just be patient."

he said it in a way i instinctively understood, and i was in no way pissed off with his rebuttal.

a very good man, and i still wear every day an amulet he gave me.

[color:"red"] yes... is along the lines of what Fly was saying....Even becoming violent. Why would that be, do you think?

[/color]

Now that is a question that can take forever to answer. The person who reached the stage of enlightment lets go of all desires. Boasting that he is one would be the desire to want somebody to know HT, do you understand a little bit now my friend?:hug:

A normal person like me find it bad taste to boast about anything so for an enlighted person, it would be unthinkable.

Jasmine

"i could tell you about those things, but you just would not comprehend them. just take care of your life now, try to live healthy and as good as you can, and all will just come by itself. just be patient."

Can't go wrong with that advise. ::

HT

[color:"red"] , many years ago, pestered once a monk in tibet about enlightenment.

he laughed and gave me the best advice i got in my life. he said: "i could tell you about those things, but you just would not comprehend them. just take care of your life now, try to live healthy and as good as you can, and all will just come by itself. just be patient." [/color]

I was told somewhat like that too Fly, one of the best advice I ever had. I am glad that you met one of those great monks. :hug:

Jasmine

but then, would any rules count for someone enlightened?

yes, jasmine, absolutely right, it would take ages to talk about it, and we still would have no clue what we are talking about it.

i just somehow figure it in that way: think about the universe, all the stars billions of light years away. after thinking a few seconds leaves my brain in a state of mashed potatos.

and i guess the difference between *enlightenment* and the state we are in is somewhat similar to compreending the universe with all its rules, and well..., my mashed brain. ;)

Archived