AirAsia any good?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep... had 8 flights with Air Asia now, and never a problem.

Just put in the dates you want to travel on the first page of the website and it'll come up with a fare.

I have had the following fares so far:

Bangkok - Khon Kaen: 9 baht (Yes - 9 baht)

Bangkok - Udon Thani: 399 baht

Phuket - Bangkok: 599 baht

and yesterday I booked a Kuala Lumpur - Bangkok for this Thursday and got it for 99RM. (About 999 baht).

Cheap!

Very cute cabin crew too!!

The only thing I don't like about them is no seat allocation. Its every person for themselves upon boarding, which can be a bit of a shit-fight, but other than that, would highly recommend them.

Take note of their baggage allowances though - only 15kg, and they charge extra for golf clubs.

Good luck.

FlyP

I am just in front of you with 12, I fly them to Udon and KL,

Absolutely great, try and get seat 1b - it looks right up the air waitresses skirt!

Only thing I would say is be carefull when booking, If you don;t get your prefered date, it automatically gives you antoher date, useually one before or after.

I once went on the wrong day because of that,

DOG

Absolutely great, try and get seat 1b - it looks right up the air waitresses skirt!

Only thing I would say is be carefull when booking, If you don;t get your prefered date, it automatically gives you antoher date, useually one before or after.

I once went on the wrong day because of that

Yep - you're right about 1B! And the skirts aren't that long either on some of the girls! But on at least half the flights I've been on, they've had the first row blocked off and you weren't able to sit there! ::

You're right about checking the dates carefully! Happened to me too. But now on their website they have an "on-line date change" facility, for about 500B plus difference of fare between the two flights, so if you do book the wrong date, at least its possible to get out of it. A lot of no-frills airlines won't let you change dates once you book cheap fares.

FlyP

• 5 months later...

I'm flying AirAsia to Khon Kaen for Songkran with GF and 4 other people, 3 of them Thai. Some have never flown before and I'd like them to get window seats, if possible.

Any pointers on best options for the seating cattle call- what time to arrive, when to line up (is that how they do it or is seat assigned at check-in), where to wait, etc.

Also- is carry-on generous? 1 bag, 15 kg plus a shoulder bag (large) OK?

Terminal 1 at BKK?

Anything else?

I've taken nok Air but I think that the rules are the same. Check in opens up 2 hours from take off and closes 30 minutes from take off. Nok air was very strict on checked baggage weight but not as concerned on carry on (but I think that the weight of the carry on is not supposed to be over 7 kilos). Nok Air and Air Asia are in the same terminal which I believe is terminal 1.

i've just booked my return flight to Phuket with Air Asia for 1900 B,this was opposed to 5400 B with Thai.

flight time is not as good as Thai but hey,i get to Phuket around Midday........ :elephant:

time to get picked up,checked in and a visit to Cristins to relieve myself of all that stress and tension of a 20 Hour door to door trip....... :rolleyes:

then time to hit Bangla for the Night........ :chili::chili: :chili:

so any good or bad stories about Air Asia?.

not that a flight of 80 Minutes will worry me that much,i think i could put up with anything during such a short flight.....

I swear by them, they are dam good!

Great hostesses, arrived once in KL, long after the train stopped, hostess DROVE me to the hotel!

well worth the saving.

I always get the front row, doesn;t matter check in time, just get to the front of the gate, lock the breaks on the wheel chairs, pinch babies and make them cry, what ever it takes, get to the front of the gate!

DOOG

>. Nok Air and Air Asia are in the same terminal which I believe is terminal 1.<

terminal 3 is where I have caught both more than once...

they are critical about weight if they're full, I've had to pay extra once (minimal), and let off by a warning last time, because they were'nt full

Archived