AirAsia any good?

<< Is it correct to say that they always depart behind schedule? >>

I've made two round trips now on Air Asia. The first time the return flight was delayed by over 5 hours! I got to my home around 3 AM and had to work the next day. :(

But the second time, both legs of the trip were on time.

Since I saved about 50% of what Thai Air would have charged, I'd recommend Air Asia for short journeys -- say under 2 hours. Don't know if I would want to fly them to China or Indonesia, as they are proposing, at least not unless they get some bigger planes than those 727s. On short flights, people keep the seat upright. On longer flights, they would probably recline in them ... and there is not much leg room.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took a flight from KL to Bangkok with them at 69RM each way a couple of months ago. No assigned seats and the seats are kinda of cramp, e-tickets. The flights were pretty much on time (delays of 30 minutes acceptable considering the price). Snacks are not free.

For the price of less than $60 roundtrip, I think it is an exceptional value. By comparison, a taxi from JFK airport into Manhattan is about the price of the roundtip fare. To get the best fares, you need to book way in advance! I would fly Air Asia again.

I have used Air Asia BKK-Phuket twice, on time, no problems.

But 2 weeks ago I picked up GF at Phuket airport at 11 pm. She travelled on TG. There was an Airasia Flight which should have arrived before TG but was delayed for at least 3 hours (in the middle of the night).

• 7 months later...

hello to everybody

i would like to buy a return tickect flight (airasia)

from bangkok to hanoi

but i would like to pay in cash

can you know where can i buy it in bangkok?

do any travel agencies can sell those tickects in bkk?

where is the airasia office in bangkok?

i have read their website but they have not post address

in bangkok

regards

john

• 2 weeks later...

They must have turned around in 20 minutes in PP when I used them.

Hell BA can't get off the ground on time when the aircraft has been at the gate 4 hours!

Nervous_Dog said:

Hell i use them for business, useually an hour late. Reason being they are timed to turnaoround in 30 minutes. Industry standared is 1 hour!

DOG

• 2 weeks later...

AirAsia is very good for the price. But of the 8 flights i had with them 4 was delayed. So be carefull if you have a connecting flight. Also be carefull about their 15 kg baggage limit cause they will charge you for extra weight.

But the best thing about them apart from the price is the girls in the red uniforms! Wow! The one in charge of hiring AirAsia staff is a man - a very horny man. No doubt :-)

Archived