Bg's work schedule

Hunnia

I know that bar girls work 7 days a week. Do they ever have a day off? Do they have to work even on those days when they have their period? If they want to go back home up country do they have to pay for their own bar fine? I'm just curious.

Hunnia

Hi,

"Do they ever have a day off?"

They usually get 2 days a month off.

"Do they have to work even on those days when they have their period?"

Yes.

"If they want to go back home up country do they have to pay for their own bar fine?"

They don't have to pay the barfine, but will be cut the equivalent of it.

Sanuk!

My friend who works at the Titty Twister in NEP tells me that her boss (Santos) lets her off for "men" (The Red Tide). Santos also does not cut salaries for girls unless they don't show up for work. A little applause, please, for those who show the girls some humanity.

thalenoi,

good choice or words, I sure when you said "three bloody months away" you were not making reference to the red tide. blush.gif" border="0

I also agree about RR story. If he is not coming out hiding we need to rethink out stand. Alot of members have spent much time and effort on finding out the real story, and my hat is off to them.

LeoTex crazy.gif" border="0

Just to add to the messages about Titty Twister, it is a great bar to visit in its own right, and you get the impression that the girls who work there are very happy to do so. Its one of my favourite bars in Nanaplaza, and hats off to Santos for his attitude to the girls and their needs.

quote:

Originally posted by Khun Sanuk:

Hi,

Yes, Santos is one of the few barowners to whom the girls are more important than profitmargins.

Sanuk!

Whilst Crown Bars are off limit until RR story is cleared out i will put Titty Twister on my "must visit" list for my november trip (yea, that's still 3 bloody months away...I know....)

[ July 29, 2001: Message edited by: thalenoi ]

The reason the girls get the one, two or three days, depending on the bar, off is for their period. However, most girls prefer to tough it out and work during their period and use their days off for something else.

Several bars, like Big Dogs and Lucky Lukes are pretty generous and, in addition to paying almost twice the prevailing salary, give the girls one scheduled day per week off. In general the farang owned bars, like the Crown Group, treat their girls better than the Thai or Police owned bars.

Just a little more on bar fines. It is true that if the girl is with a customer the bars expect a bar fine. However, if she doesn't show for work on her own most of the bars don't cut the equivalent of the bar fine but, instead, cut the pro-rata equivalent of one days salary (Monthly salaries: service girls 3500-4500 Baht per month and dancers 7000 - 10000 Baht per month).

One of the scams the girls use is if the customer wants to keep them a second night they tell the customer he must pay the bar fine and collect the 500 Baht or whatever. The girl then gets her salary cut 100 - 300 for the night and pockets the difference. If the customer takes her to Phuket or wherever, this can mount up. Of course if he wants to take her back to her bar for some drinks with her friends she has to talk really really fast.

However, if the bar finds out (and they eventually do...Thailand is a very very small country when it comes to being seen....the Thai expression is "Tah Yow" or many long eyes) the girl will probably get a warning the first time and the equivalent of one bar fine per missed day cut from her salary. The second time she will get fired or lose the right to ditch work for one days salary.

On special occasions like Loi Kratong this privilege is suspended and the bar fines may even be raised to 1,000 for the night.

Also, most bar owners will let the girl go visit their families for several days, a week or even a month if the girls ask early and have been good employees. However, Budha help her if she tells the boss she is off to visit mom and the kids in Surin and she gets spotted with a tall blonde farang at a discotheque in Phuket. Like elsewhere in life a good employee gets away with more than the bad employee.

Of course, a smart girl will get her boss to let her off for a week to visit the family and then get two or three customers to pay her bar fine for the visit. This gets her the equivalent of her salary plus some traveling money, a little money for mom, the rug rats and the water buffalo.null

[ July 30, 2001: Message edited by: nepfan ]

[ July 30, 2001: Message edited by: nepfan ]

On a trip to BKK a few months back, me and my m8s went to Titty Twister. Feeling somewhat bladdered, I fancied picking up a little something, so I got talking to one of the dancers there. 5 minutes later we concluded the deal. I handed over my 500 baht, and she presented me with a very nice Titty Twister top wink.gif" border="0

Trouble is, when my maid came to wash it, fair go she never blinked an eyelid at this skimpy top among my XXL shirts, the bloody thing shrunk in the wash and It won't fit me anymore mad.gif" border="0 Reckon I can get my money back crazy.gif" border="0???

Is the guy who runs this place the one with Warblers as well??? With all these tits and warblers, must be a keen birdwatcher laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Archived